Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you expect was going to happen...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you expect was going to happen...

I'm placing this here in sighting as it seems the best fit for it.

I work as an editor for a company that performs mystery shops.

On a recent report the shopper complained that the employee threatened to call the police on them. The shopper wrote that they were confused and upset as to why the employee was so hostile toward them. And then at the bottom of the report among the photos they were required to take for the shop is one of the employee... who is staring right at the camera... with murder in their eyes...

I mean, I'm no mind reader but what in the hell did you expect.

Am I missing something? So, why was the employee so hostile towards the shopper?

Comment

Maybe they were suspicious that the MS might be someone sent by the competition...?
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I am guessing that the mystery shopper took a photo of an individual without their consent. Possibly after being told not to.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Or the MS did something really SC-like and isn't fessing up.

Some businesses here won't allow photographs inside (many reasons: copyright like my store, competition-related or fears of customers doing research and buying the whatzit on Amazon) and the MS was being too obvious about what they were doing.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm guessing the hostility was due to the employee being photographed without permission.

There are a few places where the employees are just downright hostile once the determine that you are a mystery shopper as well, though this particular location didn't have a history with that as far as I could tell.
            Last edited by Chanlin; 03-14-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I once threw someone out of the lobby for taking pictures of people (like me) without permission. I also made him give me his phone and deleted every photo he had taken since he walked in the door. I must have looked furious because this 5 ft overweight 60 year old woman managed to intimate a 25-30 year old male into giving up his phone and then leaving quietly.

We do have armed security, but they were in other areas of the building atm. I didn't have time to wait and I was too mad to wait. To everyone who wasn't getting my glare of doom, I seemed very calm and I didn't yell or shout, just spoke firmly and clearly.

Coworkers were very impressed by the way I quickly handled the problem without losing my cool. I was told that when he came back the next day, he was very quiet and subdued and never pulled his phone out.

Comment

It always kills me when I watch YouTube videos of sucky customers confidently replying that the law is on their side and they're allowed to take pictures and video whenever and wherever they want (followed by the usual, hollow threats about how "This is goin' on YouTube an' you gonna get yo' ass FIRED!!!"). Any private establishment is allowed to make their own rules about if and where pictures and video is allowed, and you don't like it, tough shit.

Comment

Yeah, one the points of a mystery shop, is that the store doesn't know when it's happening. I'd be really ticked if some random customer started taking my photo.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    Yeah, one the points of a mystery shop, is that the store doesn't know when it's happening.
                    This right here is why most of our clients actually include a provision that interior photos in the store outside of any requested photos are an automatic rejection of the shop.

What kills me is how many folks we get who will do shops for us, read the guidelines, take the test, and then still end up doing things that are not asked for by the client and when we inform them of the rejection will complain that what they did is what another mystery shopping company asks for.

I suspect in case of dude in the OP that he was so focused on providing evidence of the shop that they didn't think about what they were doing.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                      Yeah, one the points of a mystery shop, is that the store doesn't know when it's happening. I'd be really ticked if some random customer started taking my photo.
                      Hence the word mystery... It isn't called "In Yo FACE Shopper"

Comment

Working...
                      X