This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest Care/Customer Service associate continued to tell me to go faster

Last Friday when I was at work at the Kroger location I work at as a cashier, one of the Guest Care/Customer Service associates was at the front end cashiering and bagging groceries.

She bagged my customers groceries. While she was doing that she continued to tell me "go faster, go faster".

She and I are on the same level, job wise, at work.

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
    "go faster, go faster".
    So that really is what she said. ;-)

But yeah, she shouldn't have been telling you that.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

As both an dirty old man and sailor I would of ended up with an EO on me if I was you.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

EO= Erection overload? ��
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Equal Opportunity Training. EG: be aware of how you treat other people especially women and minorities.

Although, I think we should refer to it by your alternative

Comment

I have a woman like that who works in terms jewelry department, which is peripheral to apparel but not the same. She has so many little trinkets on her vest that I believe it has led to her holier than thou mentality, even though she is an associate like myself.

The first time I took her attitude in stride because I didn't know what I was doing and my actual managers did fuck all to make sure I understood my responsibilities.

The second and third time she tried using her imagined authority I had pretty much earned the managements respect as a "goto guy" for getting shit done. I gave her a taste of her own medicine and now she doesn't like me so much.

Not saying you can do the same thing with this cashier but don't be afraid to stick up for yourself when the time comes.
            Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

She called me today on the phone that is located at the express lane register I worked at, & asked me what my IPM score was. When I asked her why, she said "oh, I am just curious."

Comment

She called me today on the phone that is located at the express lane register I worked at, & asked me what my IPM score was. When I asked her why, she said "oh, I am just curious."

Worry about doing your own job, nosy pants. Do you have a manager you could casually mention this behavior to? Just like "hey, is there a reason Coworker is so interested in my pace?"
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I spoke to the Front End Assistant Customer Service Manager today, and he told me the following

This particular Guest Care/Customer Service employee is in charge of keeping track of every cashier's IPM, which has to be 30 for each individual cashier, which is why she called me on the phone located at the express lane checkout I was assigned to on Monday.
                  That information goes to another employee
                  Senior Management will not authorize hiring more cashiers until the current cashiers achieve an individual score of 30 items per minute

Comment

Senior Management will not authorize hiring more cashiers until the current cashiers achieve an individual score of 30 items per minute
                    And presumably, the ones who don't have been fired or left in disgust. Gaah.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                      And presumably, the ones who don't have been fired or left in disgust. Gaah.
                      Store Management and Front End Management is currently trying to "uplift" and encourage the cashiers.

That is only part of the equation.

Training every cashier on exactly how to accomplish an IPM of 30 is the other part of the equation.

I intend on letting them know that.

Comment

Damned ungrateful jackass. Here I went to all the effort of training him up and weaning him off his addictions (hay, oats, dihydrogen monoxide), almost had him perfectly trained, when the sucker up and dies on me!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh. When I read the checkout girls were to be uplifted,I had an entirely different picture...
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                          X