This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit/debit card users:
    1: Stop asking if we take card payment. Considering season tickets are tens, hundreds, or even thousands of pounds, do you really think we'd demand cash for everything? Bonus points if you're leaning on/put your bag down in front of the card reader.

2: SIGN YOUR MISBEGOTTEN CARDS! This mostly applies to visitors from other countries that can't use the Chip & PIN system - you are not preventing identity theft, if anything you're making it easier. Bonus points if it's a travel money card with no named holder stamped on it. As I keep telling people, if you lose that all I have to do is sign my name on it & all your monies belong to me!

3: Stop passing me your card. Seriously, just stop it. I cannot remember the last place I had to let someone else swipe my card, but it was before the turn of the century.

4: Take the damn receipt. There's a bin right behind you, and I have to pass it to you to prove that the transaction has completed - it's part of my job requirement. Stop bitching about having to wait for them to print too, they take literally 2 seconds and if you're really running to that tight a schedule, it's not my fault.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

If you don't know the difference between cabbage and avocado, I can't really help you. Carrots and parsnips, maybe understandable but the name is on the bag!

If you're ringing your own items, you lose any right to complain about something scanning twice or misidentified. Rang in parsley as chicory? The name's on the label (and we even tell you how to enter in those arcane symbols called "nuhmbyrs")

Doubling paper bags is not AP Geometry. It is entertaining to watch though, thank you for that

DO NOT come back and yell at me (or anyone) after your eggs are crushed by the head of cabbage or whatever heavy item you packed with them. I warned you once, my responsibility for bagging on SCO ends there.

You can't do basic math, and (as evidenced by you yelling at me for help rather than reading the signs) you can't read either. Seeing how often I deal with this, I'm now questioning the collective IQ of this town.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        You're old enough to be my mother yet can't do simple math, such as divide 6.00 into 2????

I'd like to know how you got that far in life without someone beating the living snot out of you.

And read the damn labels instead of asking me a rock chewingly stupid question as "Do these have salt in them?" while holding up a box of saltines.

What do you think is in saltine crackers? Fairy dust? Quit sniffing it and read . . . you'll be surprised what you can learn.
        If it wasn't for the gender and age, I would have asked if she was my former coworker.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

6 people in line all huge orders..and you want your small normal order...TO GO?! I hate you. Don't even think about bitching at me for the wait time. If you wanted it TO GO you could have been in and out of drive by the time the 3rd customer started ordering dammit.

Of course you and the other three customers behind you want the fresh lemonade or strawberry lemonade or blackberry lemonade...'cause I have all the makings for them right behind me! Nevermind the glaringly absent lemonade bubbler or absence of strawberry/blackberry syrups!! Make some cute comment about waiting an additional 30 seconds.. I dare you.

Yes the size of our free senior drinks has changed. Why yes it is smaller now. No I don't know the reason behind it. Don't pitch a fit at me, I didn't make the decision. Yes I've mentioned a few times to my managers that y'all are unhappy about it. Quit yelling at me about it! I'm just a lowly peon!!

Ooohhh you wanted a number 5 when you told me a number 6? WHY DIDN'T YOU CORRECT ME WHEN I READ YOUR ORDER BACK TO YOU?!

Yeah...this week has been insane. I really, really, really wish that BK would open back up already. Only their drive is open because they decided to remodel. They started 6 weeks before school (college and local schools) come back. We are now 2.5 weeks from college coming back and 3 weeks from the local schools coming back..the inside is still gutted and the outside is just sad looking.

Comment

Quoth Boomslang View Post
            That's what the FRONT STORE registers are for. Meanwhile, Granny Rheumatizz is waiting behind you for her prednisone, and the cancer patient for his Zofran/Opium tincture and you're making them wait because you think the dental floss should be BOGO?
            So much THIS. People are waiting in pain because someone doesn't want to wait in line 5 minutes at the registers. Just another way that the ill and disabled are made to be second-class citizens by the healthy entitled.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Had another lady that couldn't pump her own gas. First off she comes in freaking out about seeing numbers from the previous transaction on the pump thinking that she's going to be charged. I have to explain the obvious, that she will only be charged for any gas that she actually pumps in to her vehicle. She tries again, this time on a prepay. I'm going about my business and this lady comes in again...still hasn't figured it out.
              Unlike some of the nice old ladies that come in, this one had attitude so I wasn't about to do the full service thing for someone being pissy. It isn't my job to do that anyway.
              Last edited by Roland; 08-13-2015, 10:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

fifty percent and half off are the same thing numerically!

Comment

This is what a decimal point looks like: . It goes in front of the number.

This is what a percent sign looks like: %. It goes behind the number.

Hence, a sign that says ".50 off" means the item has a 50 cent reduction in price, not that the item is 50% off the regular price.

Arguing this with me for 10 minutes will make me wonder how you managed to graduate high school, much less procreate.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

For fuck's sake, if you aren't ready, don't bring your stuff to the counter and let me start ringing you up. I can't tell you how many voids i end up with because of this! I've written "wasn't ready" on so many slips I've lost count!

Also, those people standing there, waiting patiently while I ring someone up? That's called a line. GET IN IT AND WAIT. I don't care if you only have gas, and have the exact amount. Get. In. Line.
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
                      Back on topic: Don't try to land a Cessna 150 at the same speed as the hot Rockwell you once owned. I will just have to scream, "MY AIRPLANE NOW!" and do a go-around. And then curtly ask if you weren't listening when I told you the landing speed of the C-150.
                      There's still 150's in the air??? Shoot, ours was well taken care of of but still nearing the age when it would have needed to be grounded when it got flattened by a tornado in 1995. I thought they stopped making them after they introduced the 152's.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

And read the damn labels instead of asking me a rock chewingly stupid question as "Do these have salt in them?" while holding up a box of saltines.

What do you think is in saltine crackers? Fairy dust? Quit sniffing it and read . . . you'll be surprised what you can learn.
                        Not to excuse them, but when I was in labor with my youngest, the hospital gave me salt-free Saltine Crackers. In between contractions I would just stare at them wondering why...

Comment

STOP interrupting me!!! No wonder you people get the prices wrong, the deadlines wrong, and every other single detail wrong! NOBODY LISTENS!!

Also, don't blame us for putting your stupid car in the wrong classification when YOU are the one who placed the ad yourself via our website! Same goes for the wrong phone number, wrong year, wrong mileage or wrong color!! And when you've got ALL of that "wrong" do you think we don't know it's actually a different car and you're trying to scam us into letting you remove the car you sold and put in another one without paying for a new ad? Get lost.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Don't say you're ready to order and then have no idea what you want. Also, pay attention to the safety/orientation speech. If you'd listened in the first place you'd know the location of the restrooms, how to operate the air doors, how meal service works, and the location of the bistro car.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              And when you've got ALL of that "wrong" do you think we don't know it's actually a different car and you're trying to scam us into letting you remove the car you sold and put in another one without paying for a new ad? Get lost.
                              So they've sold the car they were advertising, and want to "correct" their ad to match a different car they're selling without paying for a new ad? If they're repeatedly selling cars, it sounds like they're a "curbsider" - you might want to report them to whoever regulates car dealers.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Roland View Post
                                Had another lady that couldn't pump her own gas...
                                She must be from New Jersey. There's a stupid law on the books, that's been on the books since 1949, that makes it ILLEGAL for all residents of NJ to pump their own gas. By law, ALL gas stations in the state must be FULL SERVICE ONLY! This was apparently done to save the jobs of the pump jockeys when the gas station industry first came up with the idea of Self Service as a way of eliminating jobs during a recession.

And that's all well and good, I just wish the gas stations there would actually teach their pump jockeys how to CLOSE A FRAKKIN' MODERN GAS CAP PROPERLY! When you have exactly ONE job to do, your boss needs to teach you how to do it correctly!
                                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                                --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
                                X