This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth alogram View Post
    I remember when Raps took over. Seems crazy that I've been here that long. ��
    Me too :/

Rapscallion

Comment

I'll be quite sad if this site is lost. Good luck in your future ventures, Rapscallion.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

If I had the money, I would offer to take over the site. I have the skills, but not the immediate cash. I can only afford maybe a third of that.

I love this site, and have made so many wonderful friends. I hope someone also takes the time to save everything Plaidman posted.

Here's hoping whoever takes over will continue the forums.

Comment

<floored>

...Understandable though. Long live CS, and the wonderful amount of stress relief it provided, as awell as a sounding board and advice giver.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            *cough* Facebook CS Group *cough*
            Thanks for the link

Comment

Ah, so I guess now would be a good time to start backing up all the strips, huh?

Now I'm kind of glad nobody visits my forum; 'twould explain why the upkeep has been so cheap. XÞ
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Joined in 2007, been doing something to help out with Site Tech since Sept 2008. One helluva ride.

Thanks, Raps. I appreciate the effort you put in, as well as the trust you gave me.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                  I hope things workout somehow. I'd hate to lose this place to vent. Besides I just bought Christmas cards for this year's exchange.
                  I was thinking about that. Maybe through the Facebook group, if the forum does go away? I don't really go in there, so I don't know how many of the card list regulars are FB group members.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Dang. Even though I haven't been active in a dog's age I still love this place. I'm glad I'm friends with a bunch of you on fb because this page and you guys were so here for me.
                    Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Do us a favor and find a successor please. For some of us this is the only place that gets us through bad days. It's kept me alive a few times when hubby and I were literally homeless.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I remember Raps taking over this place... I cannot believe it has been that long!

Admittedly, I have come and gone a couple of times over the years, but I always returned.

I am sure we will find somewhere else to congregate if this really does become the end of the board

Comment

Quoth Lil Bunny View Post
                          Dang. Even though I haven't been active in a dog's age I still love this place.

Yeah, same boat here. I've been lurking, just haven't had time with all the absolute chaos erupting at my place, to actually post.

Followers of me on FB can vouch that, yep, it's been...weird.
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Raps, you've done an awesome job. Thanks for it all!

I, too, hope that someone is able to take up the forums and keep them going.
                            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
                              I remember when Raps took over. Seems crazy that I've been here that long. ��
                              I have been around for like 15 years (around mid 2001) starting with Mr. Slugger, through several hacks and Raps taking over. I know several members were on earlier versions of CS before I found this place back then.

DAMN hopefully this place will survive.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                                *cough* Facebook CS Group *cough*
                                It says it's a 'closed group', I clicked on the 'join' button and it says pending. How long usually does take, and since I don't use my real name here but I do on FaceSpace, will the request be rejected?
                                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                                X