Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to help keep the members here apprised of your situation, and, yes, I plan on coming back to Key West in the near future.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

As a fellow Keys resident I wanted to give a bit of an update (at least from the Upper Keys) to our situation. Yes, there is a whole swath of the middle Keys that are destroyed, but since the storm the recovery has been amazing. Power is back up to almost everyone, water is flowing and clean for most of the Keys, even cable/internet is back up in a lot of places. My family and I left expecting to come back to utter destruction and we were very blessed that we didn't get the worst of it. The outpouring of help, and not just from outside of the area, but people within has been truly amazing. We still have a long road to travel but the recovery done within the past ten days has just been amazing.

Comment

^ I tried to "like" that post and then I remembered I wasn't on facebook.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Update on Jester- He started for home yesterday. He got to St. Pete yesterday, and he'll make the final push for Key West tomorrow.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I hope his home is still there. <-- worried/hopeful smile
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Lots of love for Jester and all the folks in Fl and Tx.

Comment

And now there's possibly a hurricane heading toward N.O. I think Jester is still there.

Comment

...and now it's getting personal...
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

No, he started back to key west a week ago. I imagine he's either there already or close.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

He's back home, and back to work.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                        He's back home, and back to work.
                        Glad to hear that. I'm also an Irma survivor. The eye literally cut a path through my town. I got real lucky in that the only damage to my apartment complex was fallen trees, a couple of busted windows and some missing vinyl siding. There was some marginal driveway flooding, but that cleared up in three days. Other parts of my county weren't so lucky.
                        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Also, The Big Yellow Price Tag took minimal damage apart from the expected roof leaks. We're still having the odd electrical issue, though.
                          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm glad for those of us who are okay, and for the things/buildings that are, too.

I'm praying for the recovery of everyone/everything else. <3
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Good grief; a storm that was downgraded from a hurricane hit Ireland. IRELAND. Just...what??

Comment

Working...
                              X