This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't need to be concerned about the return fee

because I won't be your customer anymore.

I understand full well that if I return an item to this mail order company there is a $9.00 fee deducted from the chargeback. I do accept that. In this case I sent back a pair of shoes in exchange for another pair I know will fit me. (I have them in another color and I know a 9.5W will fit me perfectly). Exchanges don't incur that shipping fee. Instead of emailing me that the new ones are out of stock again* and giving me a chance to pick something else for the exchange, they sent me a postcard telling me. Once you get that postcard it's treated as a return and you lose your $9. Now, that's not a lot, but it's the principle. If the shoes I wanted were not available I gladly would've taken something else.

I emailed customer service and asked if they would please waive the charge, given the circumstance (second time trying to get these shoes). I got an answer back today saying they would, as a "one time courtesy". OK, I'm not even allowed to use that phrase with my customers because it sounds snarky, like they did something wrong. This company has vintage style shoes for reasonable prices but I'm going to order from other companies who take better care of customers, even if they charge more.
    All it would've taken to give better service was an email stating that the item was out and did I want a different one? I could've answered right away and had them change the order.

*I tried this once before and at that point the very same shoes were out then, too, even though--just the same as this time--both the catalog and the website said available.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I wouldn't deal with such a company either. It's worth the extra money to get what you actually want from the competition.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

A..... post..... card.....

It has been many years since I seen one of those in the mail (not counting junk mail). Doing actual business using a postcard? That just boggles my mind.

Their new slogan should be "Our clothing is not the only thing vintage around here"

I am surprised they managed to get a website up.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

This reminds me of once when I bought a sheet set online, from what I thought was a reputable site with a decent return policy. The sheets pilled in the wash like nothing I'd seen before. I could have filled a gallon sized ziplock with the fluff. I figure, defective, return. Customer service said, nope, you washed it we won't take it back, you get a 10% courtesy refund. I said, but something's wrong with it, I will send it back and you can see for yourself. They said, nope 10% is all you get because it's used, and don't send it back. I said, okay. Never shopped there again. Oh, and they never posted my negative review about the item, even though I carefully read their review policy and made sure to follow it.

I think all of us here understand the concept of wanting to prevent SCs from ripping a company off. But I think both Food Lady and I were nice and reasonable, not SC territory. There's no reason to piss of a reasonable customer. We don't whine and complain and keep shopping there, like so many. We quietly leave and never come back.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I can highly recommend shoes.com (used to be shoebuy.com). I buy all of my shoes from them. Not only do they carry my extremely-odd size, they have free shipping both ways!

I'll be so embarrassed if you say that this IS the website you're dealing with!
          Last edited by MadMike; 04-05-2018, 09:53 PM. Reason: We've already read it, thanks!

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
            I can highly recommend shoes.com (used to be shoebuy.com). I buy all of my shoes from them. Not only do they carry my extremely-odd size, they have free shipping both ways!

It's not, thankfully. It's called Amerimark. The clothes are, well, for the older set, shall we say. But I like that they sell spectator and t-strap shoes. Oh well. I found some on another site that leans toward catering to older people. It's an orthotics shop, haha. I'm only 44, I promise. Here they are:

https://www.orthoticshop.com/earth-w...waAv0TEALw_wcB

UPDATE: I ordered the all black version from Jet--free shipping and free returns. I ordered 9 1/2 which is my true length but I don't know about the width. Maybe they'll stretch.
            Last edited by Food Lady; 04-09-2018, 06:29 AM.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Those are EXACTLY what I used to wear belly dancing, *mumble* years ago!

Might have to get a pair . . .

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post

I can also attest to this company's customer service. Except for barn boots I buy all of my footwear from them. I'm particular to Propet shoes.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                X