This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please do not copy and paste text from other sites

Our policy at CS and Fratching is not to copy and paste text from other sites, due to copyright issues. Links should be posted instead. Pasting a sentence or two is OK, but not the entire article. I'm posting this because we've seen an increase in posts with articles copied from other sites, sometimes in their entirety.

Sometimes the mods will be nice and find the article, and edit out the copied text and replace it with a link. However, we don't always have time to hunt down articles, so we may simply delete these posts, especially if the member posting them is a repeat offender.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact anyone on the moderating team.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

What if the member is the author of the content that has been posted previously on another site?

In that case, it can come across as spammish by posting a couple sentences and a link, could it not?
    sooo many people are apparently aliterate morons. -- ThanosIsKing

Comment

In that situation the coyright issue wouldn't apply. I believe the original intent of this directive is to prevent copying stories that didn't happen to the poster.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

We'd expect to apply common sense to each instance. If there are special circumstances, tell us

Rapscallion

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.
          sooo many people are apparently aliterate morons. -- ThanosIsKing

Comment

Working...
          X