Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That first one is me all the time. I had to count my meds twice today to make sure I took them. The first time was no. Second time, yes. Some days, especially when I haven't had my coffee, it's three or four times.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

And that is why I have 7 day pill boxes.

PS. Thanks for reminding me to take mine.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        Yup, me too. With compartments for morning and evening. I spend about 15 minutes each week sorting out the pills and putting them in the little compartments, which saves me a fair bit of time having to sort through the bottles twice a day. And I always have a couple days' heads-up if I'm about to run out of something. Along with the permanently-set, twice-a-day reminders on my cell phone, I seldom miss a dose.

Unless, of course, I set the phone down in some random place and forget where. Or forget to charge it. Both of which seem to happen more and more frequently these days.

Comment

I've thought about a pill box but all of my pills are as needed, and which ones I take depend on what my symptoms are that day. My goal is always to take as few as possible, but sometimes the log in my phone is a mile long. At least logging them helps me to keep it straight. Problem is I log it in and then forget to take it. facepalm!
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My mother had the opposite problem. She would log her pills in a notebook, but sometimes she would take them, forget to log them, and then, instead of verifying what day of the week it was, or asking me, she'd just... take another dose of everything.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

This is my wife's life story. Thanks for sharing.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I used to have the "not sure if I took it or thought about taking it problem" before the brain op fixed my screwed up head. Also, the feeling as the pain meds kicked in is familiar, although it does bring to mind the tolerable/intolerable meme (multiple-year long migraines suck).

Snickered at the bad-ass one. I wasn't ever quite at that level, but respect to those of you who are.

I remember the "you don't look like you're in pain" one; why the f&$% did you think I was wearing sunglasses, a baseball cap and earplugs indoors, you moron?!? The only reason I didn't tear off his arm and beat him to death with the soggy end was that it would have jarred my head too much... Strange the things my Swiss-cheesed brain retained when I lost so much.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post

PS. Thanks for reminding me to take mine.
                  I have a 7 day pill box and an alarm set on my phone to take my meds. Still doesn't mean I always remember to take my pills :/

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    Snickered at the bad-ass one. I wasn't ever quite at that level, but respect to those of you who are.
                    If you endure migraines then you are!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      If you endure migraines then you are!
                      They never reached the point where I was throwing up from the pain (had ones bad enough for that twice in my life) so unless I got hit right between the eyes by an unexpected light-source (hence the sunglasses/baseball cap indoors) I'd put it at just barely tolerable. Some people aren't so lucky.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/intracr...roduction.aspx

Mine was due to a fluid build-up, and since it started destroying my eyesight (my lower peripheral vision is nearly gone) and was due to a partially-collapsed vein not draining the fluid off naturally I was lucky enough to be put forward for a brain-op to fix it.

I was lucky enough to recover. Some people have to put up with it for the rest of their lives as there is no cause to be found so there's nothing the doctors can do other than treat the symptoms. The lifers are the bad-asses; I don't think I could have coped if I hadn't had the option to fix it.
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I don't think you give yourself enough credit GreekJester. I'd say surviving a brain op puts you in the bad-ass category. I am glad you were able to recover and appreciate you sharing your story.

Comment

Quoth pudddykat View Post
                          I don't think you give yourself enough credit GreekJester. I'd say surviving a brain op puts you in the bad-ass category. I am glad you were able to recover and appreciate you sharing your story.
                          Thank you. If nothing else, it taught me to appreciate my optician; he was the one who noticed the pressure behind my eyes and told me to get to the doctor a.s.a.p. If he hadn't been paying attention it could have been a lot longer before I went in, and my vision (and everything else) would be far worse.

Comment

That last one is so me.

I don't suffer from pain, or it has gotten to the point where I don't even notice it anymore.
                            But I have been a major insomniac for as long as I can recall, and parents talk of me always fighting sleep and of always having messed up sleeping patterns since I was born.

Comment

I can never get to the point of not noticing. Well, I can if it's a mild day. But the really bad times consist of me literally writhing in pain and crying. That's usually when I end up in the ER (since that only seems to happen in the middle of the night or on a Sunday, of course.) It doesn't happen often, but when it does I sometimes have fleeting suicidal thoughts. All I want is for it to end.

Comment

Working...
                              X