This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you just need your gift cards

Upset customer can't pay for gift cards, drives through the store.

Words fail me. Probably no one on this site will be surprised though.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

They take CHECKS for gift cards?? o_O

Good way to lose $2,200 if they had let her get the cards ...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

WTH?? Endangering others' lives over gift cards? She needs to be put away for a long time.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Gotta wonder why she was in such a frenzy to get them, besides trying to pass a rubber check.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          Gotta wonder why she was in such a frenzy to get them, besides trying to pass a rubber check.
          I can think of 2 other reasons besides yours

1)Stolen check
          2)She fell for the IRS scam and was in full panic mode because she thought she was going to jail unless she paid the 'IRS' $2200 worth of various gift cards

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
            2)She fell for the IRS scam and was in full panic mode because she thought she was going to jail unless she paid the 'IRS' $2200 worth of various gift cards
            Oh yeah. I forgot about that scam. You would think that more people would sense something amiss when a supposed government agency asks for untraceable payments.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

hmm.. Wonder if she was driving an old used cop car.

Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I don't think she was on a mission from God, dwm.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Here's the link to the newspaper story.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    Oh yeah. I forgot about that scam. You would think that more people would sense something amiss when a supposed government agency asks for untraceable payments.
                    The latest one that had been going around was people buying ITUNES cards because the 'IRS' would only accept payment that way

Comment

$2,200? At my work we limit the dollar amount to something really small for the "marketplace" gift cards. The ones for Starbucks and ITunes, etc. It's like... $100 and it has to be a certain payment method. I forget. Because these are HUGE source of fraud since they're so easy to resell.

Now it looks like she was on medication? This sort of thing honestly scares me because it's so unpredictable, the mood swings and erratic behavior. I worry that one day I'll say "can I help you with anything?" in the wrong tone, and the person will just lose their sh*t at me.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

At my store, any gift card purchase with a credit card over the amount of $200 (I believe) requires photo ID and the presence of a manager.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          I worry that one day I'll say "can I help you with anything?" in the wrong tone, and the person will just lose their sh*t at me.
                          Customers have been known to do that even when stone cold sober.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                            At my store, any gift card purchase with a credit card over the amount of $200 (I believe) requires photo ID and the presence of a manager.
                            We don't usually sell many gift cards at the day job, so I can't say for there.

At the night job {remember, I work 3rd shift}, around Christmas time (I think), I had a gentleman come in for an American Express gift card. $500, paid in cash, used legit bills.

Not long after, I get a call from late night corporate asking me about it. THAT made me paranoid.

Talked to one of the assistant managers when he came in for his shift and it was all good.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Local grocery chain occationally runs a coupon. For every $50.00 spent, you can get $10.00 off a $50.00 gas card. Great deal.

Yesterday we dropped $200.00 on groceries and grabbed four cards. Went to pay and it was rejected. New policy. Due to credit card fraud, you can only buy $100.00 in gift cards, per day on a given credit card. Debit cards with PIN, they will authorize. They may do chip also (I don't have my chip yet).

So we took two of the cards off and paid. Then used a different card to buy the other two.

Now for the fun...
                              It threw a fraud block on my card.

And nobody threw a temper tantrum.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X