Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man gets hit by car, almost run over by bus (graphic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man gets hit by car, almost run over by bus (graphic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZub6f1fqcs

Start at 1:00. Apparently, the bus driver dropped him off where the sidewalk was closed, forcing the man to cross to the other side. I saw this on the news the other day. The victim suffered a compund fracture of one leg, a severe concussion and a broken back, and after a month of rehab, was speaking on the news that he has no memory of the incident.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/363104...-today_people/
    Last edited by Caveat Emptor; 04-10-2010, 01:19 PM.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

That'll be why you shouldn't run into the road kids. Entirely preventable and entirely the pedestrians fault. I can only imagine what the driver must still be going through.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      That'll be why you shouldn't run into the road kids. Entirely preventable and entirely the pedestrians fault. I can only imagine what the driver must still be going through.
      The *only* thing they might be able to get on the car's driver is if he was speeding (I don't know the speed limit there, though, but he did seem to be traveling faster than the other cars).

Regardless of his speed - it is 100% the pedestrian's fault, a Darwin contender?
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

That guy's lawyer (and him for letting her go) is an ass.

What, so the sidewalk is closed you can't walk along the curb until you reach a safe place to cross?

I know of at least a dozen stops around here that don't even have sidewalks.

While I feel for the guy that got hit, I'm saddened that the car driver's insurance is paying anything at all since the guy quite obviously ran out in front of him.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

What a fricken' idiot.

That video is only slightly less graphic than the video of some woman getting hit by a commuter train and getting tossed right into the camera. (No, I don't know where to find that video right now and wouldn't want to post it here anyway. Just know that it exists.)
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            The *only* thing they might be able to get on the car's driver is if he was speeding (I don't know the speed limit there, though, but he did seem to be traveling faster than the other cars).
            From the article:

The driver of the car that hit him was not cited by police, as he had broken no traffic laws.
            So, no, not even speeding.

Comment

don't forget though, the bus was just starting up, so it wasn't going that fast

so it's likely the car's speed was within the speed limit etc it may just be looking fast because it was faster than the speed of the bus

Comment

Plus, the camera is likely more than just a straight shot, which will often distort comparative speeds.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  don't forget though, the bus was just starting up, so it wasn't going that fast

so it's likely the car's speed was within the speed limit etc it may just be looking fast because it was faster than the speed of the bus
                  I was trying to compare the car's speed to the cars behind them - I know it wasn't easy and I did say *if* he was speeding.
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                  X