X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had an earthquake!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1225854750895

OK, it was only a small one-but still, the last one in Adelaide was about 20 odd years ago.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Uh yeah. It's been going on worldwide. And the fact that we live near the New Madrid fault doesn't help. I made damn good and sure that we have earthquake coverage when we bought this house.

Comment

So are they making a huge deal of it? We had a 4.9 yesterday here in Utah, and suddenly all the news stations are doing stories about the earthquake and emergency perparedness. And they are calling for photos or videos of damage. Damage from a 4.9? Please! I told the hubby that if this was Southern California, it might get a mention on the news and that's it.

Comment

Quoth Aut View Post
        And they are calling for photos or videos of damage. Damage from a 4.9? Please! I told the hubby that if this was Southern California, it might get a mention on the news and that's it.
        Oh, if they could find some, we'd get some video footage, too, like from a grocery store. The hanging lights sway in such an exciting manner, don'cha-know.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

people keep freaking out because OMG EARTHQUAKES! THE WORLD IS COMING OT AN END!1!1!!!11ELEVENTY!! when the rate and severity isnt weird its the fact they are hitting more populated and weird areas.

Comment

Heh - a friend of mine who emigrated to that particular part of the world states that he slept thought it with the aid of a very nice bottle of Australian Red!
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

We had a quake in New Jersey when I was 15 or so (1990ish). I slept through it.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X