X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me this is fake...

Someone tell me this is fake...

Links to photograph of woman holding "I'm a thief" sign outside of Wal-Mart.

Mod Note: Please provide a brief description of your link to aid in searches.

ShadowTiger Note: Apologies, certainly; The "surprise" was part of the thread as intended, but it's all good. Link is obvious. Image is not massive.
    Last edited by ShadowTiger; 04-15-2010, 01:59 PM.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

could be a reduced sentence.

i know back after 9/11 there was a story about 2 kids in a mall who were taking "collections" for the survivors that they were going to donate to the red cross.

or so that's what they claimed. in reality they were pocketing the money.

the punishment was that they had to stand in the mall for a specific period of time wearing signs saying, "I stole from the victims of 911". The elder was over 18, but the younger boy was under, so he was allowed to wear a paper bag over his head.

basically the punishment is public embarrassment - and possibly what others may say to you in passing.

(tho i'm not sure what happened to the money... hopefully they were made to donate it like they promised)

Comment

I have heard of this happening. Usually with one off offenders to try and shame them into going straight. They dont do time, but I think this puhishment is more effective than locking them up. Especially if it's a their local store where there family, friends and neighbours shop. It is also probably done to try and show potential shoplifters what will happen when you are caught.
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Hell no it ain't fake. At least I hope it isn't.

Shame is a very powerful behavior adjuster.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Nope. Not fake. Lots of judges have been doing that. Including signs saying "I STOLE FROM HOMELESS"

"I STOLE FROM OLD PEOPLE"

"I STOLE SICK CHILDREN'S FUNDS"

I'm glad.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Oh yeah is that awesome.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Moved it to CIO as it has a link in it.
              Let's keep it clean guys
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I'm all for social ridicule as a form of deterrent.

Particularly with young people, who are more prone to being sensitive about the situation and who would generally gain no benefit from being tossed in jail for a while.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

there's something to be said for being thrown into stocks for a while.
                  If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                  ^_^

Comment

Working...
                  X