Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Announcement (spoiler warning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seraph View Post
    It'll be soon, this is Matt Smith's last season.
    *sigh* Why must they burn through the Doctor's regenerations so quickly? I'm starting to LIKE Matt Smith...
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Because of a piece of advice Tennant got - only do three years. Plus, I get the feeling he really wants to do a lot more with his career. Like possibly also being the best bit about a remake of an 80s horror comedy, like Tennant did.

Also, have loved Smith as the doctor since the beginning myself... shall miss him terribly. Him and his bow ties and his fezzes and his stetsons.

Comment

Well, I guess it's time to start my Facebook: Make the Last Doctor a Ginger campaign.

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!! Amy, don't go!! Although, that's how I feel every time, and the new one winds up being my favorite.

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
          Well, I guess it's time to start my Facebook: Make the Last Doctor a Ginger campaign.
          River spent all her regenerations on him, I'm 99% positive the next one isn't the last doctor.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            River spent all her regenerations on him, I'm 99% positive the next one isn't the last doctor.
            I can't look at River Song without picturing her in a white lab coat or blue scrubs.

I have watched WAY too much ER.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
              1: I hate you for putting the Daily Mail in my internet history.
              Haha. Sorry. I hate The Daily Mail too, but I can't help but read it because of the ridiculous hateful articles they print. It's like watching a car crash, you want to not look but you can't help yourself.

Comment

I'm not one hundred percent behind that idea.

Admittedly, I'm a recent convert to the Doctor Whoverse and I've like what I've seen so far but even for the most hardcore fans it eventually has to come to an end.

If you count the spin offs of Star Trek as being a part of the Star Trek universe then it'd be fair to say that Trek had about the same run as Doctor Who. Like Doctor Who, Star Trek is an iconic representation of a nation's televised culture and it will likely be remembered a century or two from now. But if it didn't come to an end then eventually the thing that people loved about it would be buried in tedium.

Comment

It continued for decades before, there's no reason to end it now; they've even retconned already the previously stated fact that he should only have 12 regenerations.

I hadn't seen this was Matt's last season; I guess that's why they're changing companion mid-season, to give the show a greater sense of continuity. It's a lot less jarring that way, compared to when they switched to Matt & Karen.
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    A friend of mine is almost a dead ringer for Matt Smith. His name is also Matt.

(and yes, he's a Dr. Who NUT. He owns a fez and has about 3-4 of the sonic screwdrivers.)
                    He should get together with littleradge. The kid looks just like David Tennant and is a major who fan himself. (his "david tennant is stalking me" is funny as heck)

Comment

How exciting! I know the BBC was looking for a Brand Manager for Dr. Who not too long ago. Wish I had the experience I'd totally have applied. Talk about dream job!

Comment

If they follow previous continuity, they'll have to do a new doctor just to get the taste of this next one out of our mouths. But a "bad guy" Doctor ought to be fun.

I'm not one hundred percent behind that idea.

Admittedly, I'm a recent convert to the Doctor Whoverse and I've like what I've seen so far but even for the most hardcore fans it eventually has to come to an end.

If you count the spin offs of Star Trek as being a part of the Star Trek universe then it'd be fair to say that Trek had about the same run as Doctor Who. Like Doctor Who, Star Trek is an iconic representation of a nation's televised culture and it will likely be remembered a century or two from now. But if it didn't come to an end then eventually the thing that people loved about it would be buried in tedium.
                        It'll eventually come to an end, sure. But the issue here is that we only have seven series of this run of the Doctor vs. the 30 some years of the old run. It can easily be expected for the current run to see a similar length of time before being ended again.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Hey! A Dr Who thread! Funny what you find when you read something other then stories about horrible customers....

Anyway I'm also a fairly recent convert to the Dr Who universe - I've only been watching since the Christopher Eccleston episodes came on - but I've found my biggest issue is actually finding a reliable source of the shows in the US. For other American viewers, where do you get your shows from?

Figures - I've barely had enough time to get used to Matt Smith (still wishing Tennant were the man!) and now I find out he's set to go soon too.
                          Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I know that Netflix has the new series and several of the "full stories" of the old doctors.

I've actually been watching through some of the older stuff.
                            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                              For other American viewers, where do you get your shows from?
                              I've got my DVR set to record all new episodes from BBC America. We usually get them no more than a week behind.
                              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

As the DVR at home is generally being used by the folks to record Hoarders, Criminal Minds, and whatever else catches my Mom's fancy, I actually watch Dr. Who via Zune on XBL. Sure, I have to pay a fee, but I get to see the show the day after it airs, and just avoid spoilers until then.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X