This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to ID someone for soda tonight

Due to a blip in the system, for a few days we've been prompted to ID for 12-packs of soda, but 1 flavor only. I only had to do it twice, and people were nice about it. I guess they'll have a funny story to tell.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Root beer?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

MoonCat! Don't you know that rootbeer is a gatewate drink? Rootbeer leads to club soda. Club soda, being in a club of course, leads to NonAlcoholic beer. NA beer leads to light beer..light beer leads to beer..beer leads to rum..rum leads to um something worse!

Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
        MoonCat! Don't you know that rootbeer is a gatewate drink? Rootbeer leads to club soda. Club soda, being in a club of course, leads to NonAlcoholic beer. NA beer leads to light beer..light beer leads to beer..beer leads to rum..rum leads to um something worse!
        absinthe.

I used to get this ALL the time at my previous job. We sold non-alcoholic beer (named Birrell Beer) and non-alcoholic wine. We used to end up having to card people for those two products for god knows what reason.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          absinthe.

I used to get this ALL the time at my previous job. We sold non-alcoholic beer (named Birrell Beer) and non-alcoholic wine. We used to end up having to card people for those two products for god knows what reason.
          I asked this question to my supervisor once: Because they probably once had alcohol in and it was removed then it still counts as alcohol.
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
            I asked this question to my supervisor once: Because they probably once had alcohol in and it was removed then it still counts as alcohol.
            I was told that even the non alcoholic beers have some alcohol in them which is why they need ID. And I had my register prompt for ID for Mountain Dew yesterday. Another web site I'm on mentioned it today so I know I wasn't going crazy (or should that be crazier?).
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

There's a very small amount of alcohol in N/A beers. That's, probably, why.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Root beer. Ginger ale. Birch beer. Ginger beer. All completely non-alcoholic, but with alcoholic names in them. And, to really let the monkey toss in a crescent wrench, while we associate the word "punch" with just a medley of fruit juices, the original punch was a very alcoholic party beverage, which I recently learned from my mixology course.

As for the N/A beer, non-alcoholic beer DOES have alcohol in it. The typical N/A beer is 0.5% ABV by volume, which is 1/8th to 1/10th of a regular beer. You'd have to drink a shitload very quickly to catch any buzz at all. But since it does technically have alcohol, I understand why it may require carding in many places. (I don't know if N/A wine is the same way, as I have never worked in a place that sells it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were similar.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  I don't know if N/A wine is the same way...
                  Isn't non-alcoholic wine grape juice?

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                    And I had my register prompt for ID for Mountain Dew yesterday.
                    Isn't that because Mountain Dew is liquid crack?
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

For us it was Pepsi, and only regular Pepsi. All of the other Pepsi products went through fine.

Comment

Yesterday must've been National Cash Registers Take A Shit day, because the registers at the swamp went down for about an hour and we couldn't process any card or check payments.

Which of course caused the mostly-cashless hordes in line to whine, bitch, piss, moan, shout and abandon their carts of stuff until they could get money out of an ATM someplace, or until we could take cards again.

Calling the help desk, conveniently located in India, would've done no good. They've apparently made a habit of not answering their phones very fast lately, and sitting on musical hold does no good when you've got angry customers in your face.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My register crashed 2 days in a row. What is UP? Also, every year we review the company, and my answer to "I have the necessary tools to do my job effectively" is to score it the lowest possible.
                          Last edited by Food Lady; 04-29-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            ..beer leads to rum..rum leads to um something worse better!
                            Fixed that for ya. (And ducks and runs from Jester...)

Comment

I had to ID someone for Red Bull once.

Comment

Working...
                              X