This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth StevieJD View Post
    The payoff versus risk ratio is out of wack.

Here you are, a minimal wage employee, being tasked to secure a valuable piece of property in exchange for absolutely no additional compensation while the risk of theft would result in you loosing your job and being held to financially responsible for the loss.

Did I describe the situation correctly?

What a dirtbag.

Not exactly, we have signs that say otherwise & I had other guests in the lobby to contest I was against the "plan".
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I think sometimes you see cars running in parking lots because someone is behind on their payments, can't afford the car anymore, etc. So they leave it running in a parking lot so it will be stolen so they can collect the insurance on it and get it paid off, and out of their hole.

Comment

Even though my first car (that damn Tempo) was a POS, I never left it running...yet I did leave the keys in it, and it was always unlocked. I figured, if someone really wanted that piece of shit, they could have it. Didn't stop some idiot from popping the lock out of the passenger-side door, and damaging it
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm betting the people who leave leave their car running complain loudly about the price of petrol (gas).
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

With my car, I can leave it running and it can't be stolen. It works entirely off an RFID key fob, so I don't actually ever put a key into the ignition, it just senses the tag. So I can park the car, leave the engine running, and run inside to get something. The engine will be running, but you can't actually put the car into drive without the key fob being nearby.

I've only actually done that once though when I realized I forgot something and was curious if there was a range to how far away I can get before the car turns itself off. I went about a half a block away and the car was still running.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
              With my car, I can leave it running and it can't be stolen. It works entirely off an RFID key fob, so I don't actually ever put a key into the ignition, it just senses the tag. So I can park the car, leave the engine running, and run inside to get something. The engine will be running, but you can't actually put the car into drive without the key fob being nearby.
              Which is great until something happens to either the keyfob or the detection system, then you've got a rather nice sculpture until you pay a good chunk of cash for a replacement.

I won't get one of those, myself. Or one of those chipped keys. No way am I going to pay $100 just to replace my car key.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X