This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Summary of Saturday Suckage (long!)

At least, as far as I know, the stories that still linger in my brain are from Saturdays, people seem to be able to behave on Fridays. Some happened a while ago, others reently.

The Caveman

The reason I remember him is because I noticed him when I was in primary school (his kid just started at school, I ended that year). A red biker/adventurer jacket, long kind of feminine hair, but it was always greasy. And overall he was a big primitive looking guy when he walked etc.

So he came in, 7 years later, still having the same hair and jacket... Ew... Ok, the guy wanted a phone and a contract. I signed him up, gave him the phone. No big deal right? Turned out he came a week later and wanted to file a complaint against me because he has to pay double for 1,5 month and I screwed up the date on the contract.

Too bad that the colleague he approached was in the back room when it happened and heard everything and heard me guiding the guy through his contract, asking if the date was correct, if the dates were ok, he said it was ok and he signed. Ok, he signed a little quickly, but it isn't my fault if he doesn't care. Don't kick my ass for it. And it didn't happen. Idiot... I slightly dislike you.

We're closed...

Just to be clear... I don't go all entitlement whorish on my closing shift and I really don't mind helping people when they come in for a quick little thing, or when a contract takes longer than expected, not a big deal. I don't get paid after closing time, but when it takes 10 minutes longer on a Saturday... it happens, right?

Just don't come in 5 mins before closing time asking for an extension of your contract. Especially when I never have anything to do, but just this Saturday, I had an appointment which involved getting my rear in a public transportational vehicle to get there. And you can't just go a little faster to be on time. Allow me:

SC (2 men strong) : Yeah we want to extend our contract.
    Me (not intimidated) : I'm sorry sir, but it's 5 minutes till closing time.
    SC: So?
    Me: Since it's an extension of the contract I assume that you know it will take at least 25 minutes to do that.
    SC: So you won't do it?
    Me: No, sorry sir, we don't have closing times for nothing.
    SC: Well! Have I ever! That's no customer service!
    Me: My apologies sir, but we have been open from 9.30 am.
    SC: Are you here alone, what does your boss have to say about this?
    *Boss walks out from the back room*
    Boss: *directed to me* We're closing, it's 5 pm, time to celebrate your weekend after 6 days of working and studying.
    *Boss takes the outside displays back in*
    SC: Well, we are going to the competition then!
    Boss: Good luck, they close at 5 too.
    *SC's walk out*

>_< Come on people, we're not slaves. The customer might be king, but we know what happened to King Louie XVI. That's what you get when the kings don't treat their people well. Révolution, mes amis!

We're closed!!!

Right after those Entitlement Pimps walked out, I did my usual task of getting all the phones and put then in the boxes so they can go in the safes. A mother walks in with another woman and 2 children. The metal curtain is lowered, the phones are being removed, the front lights were turned off. How many hints do people need?

Anyway, I still have my back turned to her, silently swearing, hope they go away by the time I finished in that corner... no luck. I turn around... another request for a contract. I said it as politely as I could that we unfortunately couldn't do that since it's nearly 5. She understands, but wanted to know a price, I looked it up, but because of the rush and the feeling of getting her out before I would kill, I mentioned the wrong price so she went out completely confused. Not my intention, but I had comfort in knowing she should have known we were closed.

OMGWTFBBQ!!11!!!1eleventy!1#$%^&* CLOSED!!!

Last week, we already closed 10 minutes too late, so it's 15 - 20 mins after closing time when this happened. The doors were closed, lights were turned off, the metal curtain was half way down and I was standing with my coat on, waiting for my colleague so we could leave.

A guy walks past the door and smiles, I smile back thinking he was just nice, so he stops, walks to the closed (and locked!) door and tries to open it. So I started laughing and made the signal to indicate that we're closed. He walks off and my colleague was like: omg, are they that stupid?

We were both a bit like

The W word

Lady wants to buy a phone from a provider, but wants to unlock it so she can use another provider.

Lady: So can I buy it and put my [provider] card in it?
    Me: No ma'am, it's locked for [other provider] only.
    Lady: Why?
    Me: So they can make money out of it, good for market shares... and.. stuff...
    Lady: Can't you do something about the phone, unlock it or something?
    Me: No, I can't, sorry.
    Me: Because it's illegal.
    Me: Because those are the rules.
    *Lady stares at me intensely, like she wanted to grab my soul with her eyes and she stays quiet for what seemed 20 seconds*
    Lady: That's nice then! ... Not that you can't help it, though. I just wonder why those rules are made...
    Me: oh no, I'm not going there, you can't catch me now If it's any comfort to you, you are allowed to unlock it after a year, then it's legal.
    Me: shyte Another one of them rules ma'am. But if you really want, there's a place in the next town where they unlock it for 10 euros.
    Lady: Why would I want to do that?
    Me: Ehm... because you sounded like you wanted to.
    Lady: I am not going to do something illegal.
    Me: *I so wanted to ask 'why'* Ok, that is of course the right choice ma'am.
    Lady: But give me the phone anyway *winks*
    Me: Ok, sure... *sigh*

Transaction was done, coworker comes out of the back room.

Me: She was annoying...
    Coworker: *sweet voice and huge grin* Why?

An old guy with attitude

This one scared me and took me completely by surprise. Most old people in this town are friendly in their own way and this gentleman was in a wheelchair and was flanked by daughter and son-in-law. The man wanted a new phone, cool enough, I get the one he wants, show it, explain some things about it when he suddenly says: (freely translated and putting it nicely) What are you BITCHING about?! I can't f*cking hear you!!!

I was like: but when the lady said: 'Oh girl you just have to speak up a little' in the sweetest voice, I had to grin a little, but it made me take one step back when he started yelling like that. The old guy looked nice though lol.

The infernal brand

Woman comes in, wanting to get a contract and a phone, she is not sure which one, I enter sales talk mode. The following conversation took place.

Me: There's also a [brand, type, specs].
    W: What was the brand?
    Me: [brand]
    W: *the woman's eyes suddenly widened, pupils dialated* I am not taking that brand!!! I had a washing machine from that brand and on one day it broke, and there were FLAMES coming from the machine!!! It was terrible!!!
    Me: It's...just... a cellphone... I never had any complaints about a phone spitting flames.
    W: *gets a little panicky* I am not taking that one!!! I need to think about the other ones you mentioned! I will see you later!

And she nearly ran out the door. It all happened pretty quickly and I was stuck with a look. After that I grinned a little, but the curious spirit inside me wondered if there is something like electro-phobia or something.

The last ones weren't quite sucky... just... weird in a not too positive way I guess. At least weird enough not to leave my mind after a month lol. Oh well, hope you enjoyed the semi-rant lol

Quoth LoneWolf View Post
    >_< Come on people, we're not slaves. The customer might be king, but we know what happened to King Louie XVI. That's what you get when the kings don't treat their people well. Révolution, mes amis!
    To arms comrades!
    "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Quoth LoneWolf View Post
      on one day it broke, and there were FLAMES coming from the machine!!! It was terrible!!!
      *switches on BS translator*

"I'm too stupid and/or lazy to ever empty my lint filter and there was a fire!! But, it wasn't my fault!!"
      Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth LoneWolf View Post
        The infernal brand

Woman comes in, wanting to get a contract and a phone, she is not sure which one, I enter sales talk mode. The following conversation took place.

Me: There's also a [brand, type, specs].
        W: What was the brand?
        Me: [brand]
        W: *the woman's eyes suddenly widened, pupils dialated* I am not taking that brand!!! I had a washing machine from that brand and on one day it broke, and there were FLAMES coming from the machine!!! It was terrible!!!
        Me: It's...just... a cellphone... I never had any complaints about a phone spitting flames.
        W: *gets a little panicky* I am not taking that one!!! I need to think about the other ones you mentioned! I will see you later!

And she nearly ran out the door.
        ...that is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard. Congratulations, you have just made my day of sitting at work with no customers (sounds like a dream, no?) so much better.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
          "I'm too stupid and/or lazy to ever empty my lint filter and there was a fire!! But, it wasn't my fault!!"
          Actually, there's a store brand dryer (sold by Sears, I think) that used to be really good, but is now manufactured by a different company, and these particular dryers have a tendency to catch fire.

I only know this because that is precisely what happened to a coworker who is meticulous about things like cleaning lint traps and the like. The fire inspector who came out mentioned to her that he'd seen a lot of just that sort of thing with that brand.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X