This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother had a gun pulled on her!

My mother works as a Community Continence Nurse. It's a specalist kind of District Nurse, that deal with Bladder problems. Most of her job consists of visiting people in their homes.

The other day, she went for a visit at an old womans house, everything was normal. The occupants consisted of the Paitent (old woman) her son and his wife who was upstairs ill. In the middle of what so far had been a totally normal visit, the son uddenly starts talks about knifes, to illustrate his point he goes into his jacket and pulls out a huge knife (Crocdile Dundee style).

At this point my mother is obviously worried and tries to finish up quickly before leaving. The son however has another treat in store. Apparantly sometimes a knife doesn't do the job so he has a gun (but don't worry he says it's not real). He pulls said gun out of his other jacket pocket and pretends to shoot at nothing to illustrate a point. My mother pretty much through her stuff in her bag and legged it.

Back at the office, she phones the police and tells them about the incident. Half an hour later (police around here don't mess around when it comes to guns) they call back, having raided the house with full armed response, they found the gun was only a BB gun and not a real firearm.

We're both convinced that he was planning on using it in an "armed" robbery and wanted to test if it looked real. On the upside, when the department head came in the next day and read the incident reports, she vowed neevr to go on another course again

You're mom did the right thing by reporting this incident.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Holy crap

My mother had someone get shot in her health clinic last year. Apparently, a patient was sitting in the waiting room one afternoon. Someone else came in, shot the guy then ran out the door. He never got caught, IIRC the guy died, but at least my mother and her staff didn't get hurt.

As for this guy, are you effing kidding me? He's lucky he didn't get shot for that little stunt. Cops don't mess around when a gun is pointed at them. Real or not, that's just asking to get shot--plenty of people will see that, fire first, and ask questions later.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
      X