Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severely Disgusting Night At Work (super gross)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    Seriously, what the hell kind of devolved, demented douchebag would even consider pulling a stunt like that?!
    May I politely refer you to the website on which we are currently residing?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Since it was in BOTH restrooms it's safe to assume the perps were together.

Comment

I do believe I would have turned my happy ass around and not gone back in. If I was asked again to clean it up, and I would have quit!

I guarentee no one is paid enough to clean that.

"What size can I get you, ma'am?"
        "Red."
        "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
        "RED!"
        "..."

Comment

As a request, if this thread inspires anyone to tell their own tales, can we keep them all in this thread, please? If not, we'll be merging them in to give those who feel a queasy a chance to avoid them all.

Rapscallion

Comment

Wow. Just. WOW.

Unholypet, you have my undying respect. You truly are about 100 times the woman I am. There is just no way. My kids would have to be in danger of starving for me to have not walked out of a mess like that.

Christ-on-a-pony, I just can't wrap my mind around this.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

dang. and i thought the showers where i work were bad (yeah we have employee showers)

some gal dropped her used tampon in the shower and just left it there. only she did it when there were people cleaning the area, so they knew who'd dropped it... so they simply followed her out and told her to pick up her tampon.

sometimes i'm just amazed by how nasty people can be

Comment

Unholy... I salute you!

AS much as people would walk out on the job rather than have to clean it - it still gets left to be cleaned - by someone. I thank you for having the guts, brawn and willpower to just do it - not to mention the responsibility level (and then - to come on here and gross us out about it :P)

When I worked at the servo, I was sent to another store which I was a bit hesitant to do (cos it was pretty busy). But , I did, and I did what needed to be done - including doing a full clean of the loos (which also meant mopping them down). The boss came in, and after a quick look around, noticed I had mopped the floors (showroom) and was impressed. Then she came back a bit later and asked if I had done the toilets. I confessed. She then said she wanted me permanently at that store So - from then on, I made it my responsibility to do the loos every night. I never had to deal with something that bad!
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I couldn't do it, myself.

If someone tried to force me to, then they'd get to have someone clean up my vomit in addition to whatever it was they were trying to make me clean.

The are just some smells that I cannot handle.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We had some bad messes in the bookstore...I had a manager at one point who would let the person who volunteered to clean a bad mess go home an hour early with pay. But if it was anything like described here? The bathroom would be closed for the night and the pros would be called in to clean it.

Employees there are only responsible for making sure the bathrooms are tidy...pick up paper and stuff on the floor, make sure the TP and paper towels are stocked, wipe up water around the sinks. They had cleaners in every morning who would do the mopping and windows and all that, so the bathrooms got a regular cleaning evey morning. We would clean minor messes as needed, of course, but serious "biohazard" messes, we were not expected to clean. And there's no way I'd do it. I'd choose finishing my shift over going home early for cleaning something like that any day.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Clean Up Time! (Please Note- GROSS!!!)

Again for another tale from the Horror- That- Shall- Not- Be- Named.

Can't believe I forgot to post this one, I still shudder.

Let me give you a bit of background. In a department store, as well as I am assuming other large stores, you MUST keep the handicap register open at ALL times. This means that especially when you only have one cashier, the handicap register is the only one open, and if it needs to be cleaned, it MUST be cleaned immediately.

So here I was, all by myself on registers, when a guy comes through my line with a few kids. One of the kids was sitting in the basket and crying, and the guy had a plastic bag. I asked him about the bag, and he showed it to me, telling me that the kid had had an accident, and showing me the receipt for a new pair of pants. I made the appropriate noises, and then finished his order.

After the guy left, I moved from behind the register, to straighten up. I looked down at the floor, and beheld a line of very liquidy human excrement.

I am sure my eyes must have blanked out, crossed, or otherwise registered my dismay. I quickly blocked off the lane with "danger, spill" signs, and called over to the front desk. Insert idiocy here.

Silver- Me!
                      FS- Front Supervisor
                      IC- Idiot Coworker

On the Phone

Silver- Hey FS, we need a cleanup here, got a little problem.

FS- What needs cleaned up? Can't you just go to the spill station and take care of it?

Silver- Not this. You are not going to believe this... There is human excrement in my lane.

FS- Um... Are you serious?

Silver- Yes, dead serious. I am not cleaning that up. Not my job.

FS- Got that right, I'll get IC up here.

Up comes IC, with a mop and bucket.

Silver- IC, you are going to need more than that.

IC- What do you mean? What is the spill?

Silver- Let me show you

I take IC over to my lane, where he promptly turns an interesting shade of dead white, much like the thin white shirt I was wearing.

IC- Uhhhh I can't clean that.

Silver- I'm not doing it. You are the on call guy for spills, have fun.

IC- I am going to be sick.

Silver- .... This is your job

Off he runs to ask management how to clean it.

10 mins later, he returns, wearing a mask (like a doc's mask) and latex gloves.

Silver- Oooook. Thanks IC.

IC bends down to clean, gagging.

IC- I just can't do this! This is too gross! I am gonna throw up if I do this.

Silver- IC, it needs to get done!

Back and forth for 5 mins

Finally, I had to do it. In the latex gloves that I am alergic to. (yet another reason why I did NOT want to do it.)

Wonder if IC ever got in trouble for that?

Silver
                      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Never thought I'd be posting something like this.

I got called in to work for one day. (all A's for the semester + working, even one day = ) I came in a couple of minutes late - thank goodness.

My boss comes from the back entrance, holding an old broom. "You'll never believe what happened."

Me: What?

Boss: Someone took a crap on our back door.

Yep, someone did leave a pile in one corner, then proceeded to smear it all over the walls of the covered entranceway.

For once, I was glad to be late.

Good news - the people responsible should be found. There's a couple of cameras covering the back, and while talking to the police, my boss found that there's been a rash of random vandalism done by a group of young people, and that the police have talked to them before.

Comment

*shudder*
                          I am going to add "buffets" to things never to take food from, right after "bulk bins".

Blech.
                          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

wow

yeah, that's pretty disgusting. i had a similar experience when i used to work at a grocery store, but it was never THAT bad!
                            amelie

Comment

Working...
                            X