This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Thats not what I asked you"

Been awhile since I had a SC to actually post about but this guy grinded my nerves. mainly because it made me sound like an idiot infront of the whole store.

SC- Ye Olde Asshate
    Me- He who cares little about lazy people.
    T- My boss

SC:*pointing to a large $1000.00 shed* How much for you guys to build that for me?
    Me: Sorry bud we dont build stuff for people.
    SC: Thats not what I asked. I asked how much would it cost for (My Store) to build it for me.
    Me: I did answere you, and we dont build stuff. I can get a manager to say the same thing to you if you like.
    SC: Sure, call a Manager.

Me: *Over Walkie-Talkie* T can you spare a minute?
    SC: JUST ASK HIM.
    ME:*Over radio which I DIDNT wanna do* Hey T how much would it cost to build something for a member?
    T:Uhhhh, we dont build stuff here.
    Me: Thanks. There yah go bud.

Sc: Oh.....the reason I ask is because my friend at (other location) was talking to their manager and he wouldnt do it. So he finally said "Are you telling me no one will build this for 200 bucks?" And a worker said he would do it after my friend said that out loud.
    Me: O.....k? Sir, that wasn't your friend getting a (My Store) employee to build it. That was your friend offering a random guy $200.00 to build a shed. Which he agreed too.
    SC: o.....ok....thanks

Im sure he was strying to convince me to build his shed for him or make enough noise that someone would get "interested". The thing that bugged me is i asked a STUPID question on the walkie which the whole warehouse hears. T asked me later about it and i just told him,

"O, the guy just wanted to hear a manager repeat what I told him. No biggie."

Still embarassing :/
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

That is embarrassing. But that guy is a jerk.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Just a quick turn of phrase, which would have made SC sound right-royally moronic...

'Hey T, I've got a member here who asked me how much to build a shed. I already told him we don't do building, but he wants to hear it from you. What do you say?'

That way, everyone will know how much of a tosser he was being - including the other customers
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

heh, he caught me too offguard. im sure that 75% of my fellow employees knew that I knew, just wish i didnt ask lol
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Blame it on the moronic SC. Not your fault.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

If I was your manager I'd go over the PA and say"Attention Customers, to the customer who wants us to build a shed, you can take my employee's word for it , we don't build sheds. Thank you."
            But I'm evil.

Comment

Dont be embarressed its not like you paged the deaf guy Everyone that heard probably knew it was just another SC being hardheaded again. Most of the time they just want to hear it from a higher up because they think we're underneath them.You should have told him to troll a hardwear store theres always someone willing to build something for a little extra cash.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                If I was your manager I'd go over the PA and say"Attention Customers, to the customer who wants us to build a shed, you can take my employee's word for it , we don't build sheds. Thank you."
                That would get the Becky Seal of Approval®.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Re: thread title
                  "No, but that is how you worded it, and grammatically, I answered the question you asked."
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    Re: thread title
                    "No, but that is how you worded it, and grammatically, I answered the question you asked."
                    Ah, yes. I've actually said something like that to people, including my managers.

Them: That's not what I asked.
                    Me: That may not be what you meant, but that is what you asked.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

similar thing happened to me

Many many years ago, my first job was part time at a fabric store. Frequently customers would ask about seamstresses, so we'd have a list of names/numbers to give out. I was helping this old SC who kept asking ME to sew for her, then started DEMANDING it. I was like "sorry, I don't sew for people but I can refer you to several people that do" (and if I did, I wouldn't do it for a bullying nasty person like you). The old SC witch then said she would talk to Mrs. F, the owner, about me. I'm like 'go right ahead' - my work was being a salesclerk in a retail store, not being a seamstress (slave) on my off hours! This other customer overheard the whole thing and was totally sympathetic. Geez that still burns me up. It's amazing how people think they can bully you into stuff.

Comment

I get that all the time at work

sc- what are your rates (btw, I will not outright answer this question ever... you want a number go to the god damned website and leave me alone to do my real job which is to help people with reservations)
                        me- which days are you stay?
                        sc- I asked you a question, that's not the answer
                        me- actually yes it is, because the rates vary based on room availability, day of week, and time of year, so my question is a qualifier on how to answer your question.
                        sc- fine, I'm staying on (dates)
                        me- and how many were staying in the room
                        sc- *sigh* 4
                        me- and was that 4 adults
                        sc- yes
                        me- and is this smoking or non
                        sc- nonsmoking, just give me the rate
                        me- ok, now that I have all the information I need, we can either do (options) and those will be at (rates)
                        sc- well, I saw it cheaper online

ok, WTF... you already looked at our website, but now your wasting my time asking for numbers you already have... and yes it is cheaper online, and if you book it online you can't cancel or alter your reservation.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                        X