Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are going to make a complaint, make it appropriately.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are going to make a complaint, make it appropriately.

I had a phonecall from my manager this afternoon. She told me that we recieved a customer complaint on Saturday (when myself and a coworker the same age as me were working). She just wanted me to think about it, and then get back to her.

The customer was a representative of a luggage brand we carry, and is fairly high up in the business. She emailed our regional manager to complain that on Saturday:

When she first came up to the counter, a girl with brown hair (that could be either one of us) was leaning on the counter, eating a bread roll. When the representative asked for help, I/coworker looked bothered that I/coworker had to help. I/coworker seemed annoyed that I/coworker had to put down her bread roll in order to help the representative. Not only that, but she was only shown two products of their brand, and that was all. The representative asked for a catalogue, and I/coworker seemed like we were put out even just by her asking.

She then went to the store of ours in the next suburb, and was surprised to see that they had a sale on there (which was only for that shopping centre). She believed that I/coworker should have told her about this sale, regardless of the fact that I didn't even know it was taking place. She was given great service, and was really happy with the people working there. She spent a whole $150 there *gasp*.

You know what the funny part is? It wasn't our store that she went to in the first place. It was another bag shop she went to. My coworker had her lunch in the foodcourt that day, and I admittedly had a bread roll for lunch, but ate it in the staffroom.

My manager is going to back us up 100%, and said as far as she is concerned, we are going to deny the whole thing. She knows it wasn't us, and is frankly pretty pissed off (as am I and my coworker) that we are accused of poor customer service when we are constantly told that we are the best bag shop in the centre (there are 2 other shops there, both with terrible service).

Moral of the story: If you are going to whinge, make sure it's to the right company!

Quoth Alfie View Post
    My manager is going to back us up 100%, and said as far as she is concerned, we are going to deny the whole thing.
    Good to see you don't have one of those Spineless managers that seem to be so very popular.

Did the complainee ask for anything in return for the "poor" customer service?
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

She spent a whole $150? OK...roll out the red carpet for the SC...lol.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
        Good to see you don't have one of those Spineless managers that seem to be so very popular.

Did the complainee ask for anything in return for the "poor" customer service?
        My manager is fantastic like that, she doesn't take her job too seriously, and will back us up when she knows that we are right. I think it helps knowing that hardly anyone gets fired from our company. There are some horrible people working there, one was my first manager. The regional manager admitted that she had no personality, yet when she left and then wanted to come back, she walked straight into a job.

I don't think the representative asked for anything, I think it was moreso that she was informing the regional manager of our (nonexistant) poor customer service.

Comment

If $150 is a lot to this woman who is high up in the company ... the company must be selling garbage.

For good bags and luggage, $150 barely buys a change purse.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

It is actually really good luggage, I always recommend it, but will find it difficult to do so now. The rest of what we sell isn't as good quality as it so I will still have to encourage customer's to buy her company's goods.

Not sure where you shop, but around here $150 can buy you a lot more than just a change purse... Admittedly it would just be one really good quality suitcase, but still.

Comment

Well, just because the Rep is a moron doesn't make the luggage bad. The factory workers do a good job despite her. And if she's a representative of the type of management that they have, it is really is despite.
              I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

If you have a camera recording the activity at the counter you could easily prove she's wrong if need be.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                X