Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of pig s**** on our building? (gross)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rivulatus View Post
    I used to work at a shop that was about 50m away from a bar that had a very bad reputation due to the class of their clientele.
    Our store had a little alcove area off the main footpath before the main door. This little alcove seemed to a favorite resting spot for the inebriated. I dreaded saturday mornings, because you could almost guarantee that someone had used it the night before as a toilet spot, sick spot etc. Vomit and urine were almost always there on the saturday morning, and frequently turds as well (It's not exactly a private area, so the number 2's I can't comprehend).
    One day I just happened to mention it to a customer, who also happened to be on the local police force - he asked me to report every instance, because they were trying to gather enough evidence to have the bar's liquor license revoked.
    The saturday morning routine became one of call the police, photograph the mess, then get the firehose out and hose it all out onto the street.
    Fortunately after we started reporting it to the police, it was only a couple of months and the bar lost their license, it was sold, and the new owner seemed to attract clientele who knew the difference between a toilet and a store.
    The worst thing ever growing up... we had woods in the back of our house. My siblings and i build this weather proof lean-to. Very cool. One day we came back from vacation, and found it filled with used TP and excrement. Still baffeling. We don't know where it came from, who was there, how they found it. or why someone would be carrying their own TP with them. I suspect it may have been a neighbor who was mad at us because the town was after him(he thought we had reported him for illegal dumping)
    Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      Nah. We had a couple at the print factory I worked at.
      Printing ? :O :P

I'm getting my flexo level 1 press operator certification in a few months.

Which process you on? Flexo, Litho, Gravure, Intaglio, Screen, Digital?
      Otaku

Comment

Nayeli. did you use the phrase "illegal dumping" intentionally?

If so, well played!

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
          Printing ? :O :P

I'm getting my flexo level 1 press operator certification in a few months.

Which process you on? Flexo, Litho, Gravure, Intaglio, Screen, Digital?
          Rotary offset using a continuous web of paper, and heat to set the ink. We printed ~13 million pieces a week, mostly newsprint ads. I worked as the roll hanger on a 966--a 66' wide printing press that ran 55-65k revolutions per hour. The place ran 24/7, except when down for maintenance or waiting on last minute customer changes.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Rotary offset using a continuous web of paper, and heat to set the ink. We printed ~13 million pieces a week, mostly newsprint ads. I worked as the roll hanger on a 966--a 66' wide printing press that ran 55-65k revolutions per hour. The place ran 24/7, except when down for maintenance or waiting on last minute customer changes.
            Ooooohhhh... We, um, have a narrow-web (7-inch), four station in-line flexo press. We use water-based inks, with heat to set the ink.

Um, offset, if I understand, uses a very thick/dense ink and the process is ink fountain -> plate -> another cylinder -> substrate. Flexo is ink fountain -> anilox roll (ceramic/steel roll with millions of microscopic holes) -> photopolymer plate -> substrate.
            Otaku

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Oh no, we don't get that. Nobody does, not even the cleaning guys. For my store PPE is pretty much rubber gloves.

Your store is violating OSHA regulations regarding the handling of human waste. There are specific guidelines as to how you should be equiped prior to handling of crap.
              Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Where I'm getting a job, we all have to wear moon suits :>

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                  Your store is violating OSHA regulations regarding the handling of human waste. There are specific guidelines as to how you should be equiped prior to handling of crap.
                  They're not violating any regs. Routine poop cleanup doesn't require more than rubber gloves followed by handwashing. You don't see nurses and child care workers donning masks and protective clothing every time they change a diaper.

But if you have to clean up poop by the tankload or use a pressure hose, there is enough risk of splashing hazardous material onto your face or an open cut that more gear is needed.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X