Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I own two horses . I have an 11.2hh welsh pony x mare who's being traded for a 13.3hh welsh x mare. She's going to be in semi-retirement and teach small children how to ride . My other horse is an off the track stb gelding. His last race was sunday, and he was in my barn monday afternoon. I'm retraining him then adopting him out, so that way I can take in another retired pacer to work with.

My first horse was also a standardbred, and it was terrible how many people at shows gave us a hard time. We did fairly well though, but never took it that seriously. I'll be taking my trainers arab to some breed shows this summer, so this should prove to be very interesting!

Comment

its been a few days I know, but I had to revive this thread to share this:

Courtsy of Thinkgeek.com
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

If any of you horse crazies are ready to enter into Higher Ed, PM me, and I'll link you to the Equestrian Studies section of the uni's website.

The horses walk right by my window on the way to the path.
        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

On Topic: I sometimes use a 4WD golf cart to get around in particularly when hunting. Last year I was using it at a music festival to haul myself and some of the bands instruments after the show it turned up missing. There was no way I could move all that equipment that far by just walking. Turned out one of my kids had taken it to go potty. She got her hiney shined for that one.

Off topic: I've never been a horse fan even though over the years my father and wife have had several. Now when it comes to mules I really like them, they're more economical than horses and lots smarter. When I was into Civil War re-enactments the company I was associated with was an artillery company. To make it seem more true to life we also had inaddition to our artillery pieces, limber, caissons, and all the tack. Some of guys wanted to get horses to draw our equipment but horses are expensive, but mules on the other hand are considerably cheaper, so we bought mules and board them at my farm. When the movie Gettysburg was being shot my company made it into the movie because we were using mules. According to some historians mules were more authentic than horses you can even see us in the Confederate's artillery train.
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Horsetuna, I found that shirt and sent the link to my BF. I love it!
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
            X