Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severely Disgusting Night At Work (super gross)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That is epic gross. I probably would have quit right then and just left!
    "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

This is exactly why I avoid public restrooms at all costs. Not easy, considering I'm 8 months pregnant, but I'd rather hold it till it hurts than walk have to think about what goes on in those places!

At my husband's work, they had a meeting about "responsible use" of the restrooms. Now, he works at a manufacturing facility so the only people using the bathrooms are employees. Apparently, someone had gone into the bathroom and wrote "shit" on the wall. With shit. Best part? It was the "ladies" room. I feel for anyone who has to clean up others' messes.

Comment

Quoth RebeccaOTool View Post
        I'd quit right there. You couldn't pay me enough.

Me, too.

You got far more guts and fortitude than I do. I have a fairly weak stomach. I'd be all like, "Um....yeah. Bye, ya'll, I'll be by next week to pick up my last check. I'll be the person wearing the spacesuit."

Thank God in my current job we dont' have to deal with nasty bathrooms anymore. Down my end of the building, the population is kind of sparce, so the bathroom doen't really get too messed up. Although one day, someone had scrawled "Suck my big black cock" on the wall in sharpie, which got us all a bit unsettled. Was someone who actually owned a cock, black or otherwise, in our ladies room? That end of the building, you run into the sorts of women who would most certainly NOT be scrawling on the crapper wall with a sharpie. That loo is right outside the executive offices of our building. Did someone trek all the way over from the other side just to write on the wall? We were all like .

It was painted over the very next day. But the mystery remains.
        Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-05-2008, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          *blink, blink* A colostomy bag? A colonoscopy is that thing they do to check you don't have anything wrong with your intestine... sticking the camera up in you.
          I had forgotten the name of the thingy I was talking about...
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Why in all the hells would an establishment that sells food wait until the next day to clean the restrooms? So any messes could harden/evaporate? Wouldn't that be the sort of thing you'd do at the end of the night, when the poor sod that got stuck with the task would not be handling any more food?

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            Although one day, someone had scrawled "Suck my big black cock" on the wall in sharpie, which got us all a bit unsettled. Was someone who actually owned a cock, black or otherwise, in our ladies room?
            My guess: the janitor. The janitorial service we use has always been quite professional, but I've known people who did janitorial work, and they would pull stuff like this without a second thought.

... of course, a second thought would require they had a first thought...

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You know, that was, of course, what some people thought, but the janitor who would have been in a position to do that unseen (and who was, I should note, also in possession of the mentioned equipment in the appropriate color...though I can't vouch for the size, sorry) was absolutely NOT the type of person who would do such a thing. Of that I feel 100 percent certain. In fact, he was the guy who oversaw it's removal.

I think some loser from the other side of the building did it. I think they were cleaning the johns over there, so someone came down this way to use the ones over here.

Comment

It's also possible that someone has a beef with the janitor for some reason and wrote that to try and get him in trouble.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Why in all the hells would an establishment that sells food wait until the next day to clean the restrooms? So any messes could harden/evaporate? Wouldn't that be the sort of thing you'd do at the end of the night, when the poor sod that got stuck with the task would not be handling any more food?
                  I worked that night and cleaned it that night. This was during a 4 hour shift/buffet time + cleaning time after hours.

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                    I worked that night and cleaned it that night. This was during a 4 hour shift/buffet time + cleaning time after hours.
                    I think that post was in reference to my tale of the restaurant I worked at waiting until the opening of the next day to clean their restrooms before business opened.

My thinking is that since the establishment closed @ 2am and the staff would be there cleaning the main rooms (3 ENORMOUSLY LARGE main rooms), and rolling silverware and cleaning wait stations and the kitchen...they opted to wait until the next morning to get the bathrooms.
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      I think that post was in reference to my tale of the restaurant I worked at waiting until the opening of the next day to clean their restrooms before business opened.
                      My bad =x hehehe

Comment

My husband got to deal with this gem:

Since they were getting ready to close for the night, he decided to go in and clean the bathrooms. As he entered the bathroom, he was hit by a really bad funk.

A larger woman (who had apparently exited the bathroom a little earlier) had left behind a (uh, I'm gonna have to say - I sincerely apologize for any bad mental images) -- bloody Taco Bell bag ....

My husband doesn't work at Taco Bell ....

In fact, he works at a sit-down restaurant .... with a buffet as well (but there's no report if she used the sink or not, so maybe I'll give her the benefit of the doubt).

This "bloody bag" was found on the floor though ... next to a toilet. It was potent enough to stink up the whole bathroom.

Honestly, what prevents people from throwing away their own mess? Not only is it embarrassing, it's also disgusting .....
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I weep for all of humanity!
                          I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
                            I weep for all of humanity!
                            Forget weeping, I'm hunkering down under the couch and packing in for armageddon! Time to break out the Spam and bottled water!

Seriously, though, every last one of these stories is exceptionally gross. I commend all of you for managing to handle it! I have enough trouble just with people who chew with their mouths open, forget dealing with the other end!
                            All that glitters has a high refractive index.

The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out.
                            -> Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Comment

good GAWD that's disgusting!! Even if I was so desperate for work, you couldn't pay me to clean something like THAT!!!
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

No. Effing. Way. would I clean that horrid mess up.

Nor would I make my staff clean it up, if I were the manager. I would not want any of them to come down with any hideous diseases from it. I'd call professional cleaners, you know, the ones who clean crime scenes and such? And suggest they wear the full HAZMAT gear.

Oh, if only a member of management could walk into the restroom at the right time and catch the perp in the act. Maybe force the creep to clean up his/her own mess at shotgun-point. Seriously, what the hell kind of devolved, demented douchebag would even consider pulling a stunt like that?!
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X