This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't have alergies!

I had forgotten about this incident until I was recently thinking about my alerigies...but I digress:

SC: 60-something male, obvious lack of logic
    T - Your friendly, yet abused, Front Deck Clerk

*after guest has been checked in & is heading away with luggage*
    T: *grabbing tissue, suffering from my alergies like always*
    SC: You don't have cold do ya? I don't want a cold. (said jokingly)
    T: Oh no, I just have allergies all year round.
    SC: That's impossible, you don't have allergies!
    T: ... Pretty sure it's my allergies...
    SC: I was in Florida last week and people down there claim to have allergies!
    T: ...????....???? Well, there are different alergins everywhere *said kinda sarcastically, cuz really...what the hell?*.
    SC: *looking at me like I am blowing smoke up his ass*
    T: I am sure in Florida there is a lot more mold and mildew, but people are alergic to many different things *my mind starts to wonder if this guy thinks people with food alergies are just playing around that they eat stuff that 'tries' to kill them*
    SC: What on earth is there to be alergic to up here?
    T: Well, it's rather a dry climate so there is pleanty of dust & pollen, both I am alergic to. I am also alergic to mold, pet dander....*seeing this is going no where, guy is nuts*
    SC: Yeah right...whatever *kinda laughs at me a little & walks away to his room*

Lord knows only certain parts of the world, let alone country, are allowed to have allergies...ya know...to anything. What bothers me most is this guy worked for a very large company... If he had a degree, I wonder if they just gave it to him to make him go away.
    Last edited by thehippie777; 03-12-2008, 06:32 AM.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Allergies? Please, inform me as to what you mean by "allergies" as I am unfamiliar with them where I live. j/k
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

SC: That's impossible, you don't have allergies!
      At this point, the proper response is:

T: Is there anything else I can help you with, sir?

... not because he's right or even a non-SC ... but, because there's nothing you can say to people like this that will convince them of anything they don't already know. So, you may as well save what pitiful remnants of your sanity cowering in the corners of your mind from the SC assault.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

"Sure, you're right, because you know everything about me, despite only talking to me for five minutes."

I hate people like that! The ones who naysay you for no reason. Seriously, why would you lie to a total stranger?! Or do they honestly think you're too stupid to know what is going on in your own life?

Last time I was at Costco back in Phoenix, I mentioned to the clerk that I was moving to Oregon. The jerk behind me said condescendingly, "No, you're not." Um, excuse me? Do I know you? Do you know me? No. Then how the hell do you know what I will and will not do? Oh, and schmuck? I have moved to Oregon.
        Last edited by XCashier; 03-12-2008, 01:32 AM.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

hmm- Texas has one of the highest rates of Allergy sufferes . . . .are you sure he wasn't just from the South? (We actually have front page sections in our papers about the allergy situations)

Most people from Texas don't really have an accent. People from Oklahoma and Arkansas on the other hand often get mistaken for what the media claims to be Texan.

Comment

I think some people who don't have allergies just don't understand...

I have TERRIBLE allergies, and have had them since I can remember.

To someone who has bad allergies, there's nothing scarier than an open field of grass and pollen!
            "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
            "Red."
            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
            "RED!"
            "..."

Comment

luckily, my hayfever has calmed down a lot in recent years, so I can actually enjoy the summer. Still, put me near a field of oil-seed rape- the yellow stuff all over the british country side, what they use for most cheap cooking oils- and my immune system just goes haywire. Horrible.

He can come and tell me I've not got allergies when I'm throwing up from eating cheese and forgetting my lactase tablets if he wants.
              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I was at a restaurant with a waitress who didn't believe I was allergic to mayo. I'm not sure what in it causes the allergy, but my lyrnex swells and I can't breathe. I won't go through the whole story, because I don't really know it, but this is the part I remember.

Me-*dry mouthed gasping sound* Um...*forces a breath* I can't...
                Waitress- Wow you really are allergic to mayo
                Me- *COLLAPSES*

I didn't take action against the restaurant, because it really wasn't worth the time. But now I'm really scared to order anything that MAY have mayo on it in the first place.
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
                  To someone who has bad allergies, there's nothing scarier than an open field of grass and pollen!
                  Tell me about it. I hate the first time of the year, when I have to mow.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I am back on shots (kindergarten - Junior Year of High School ) They have to put one in each arm each week. Apparently two of the things I am allergic to have to be in different serrum (sp?) because one destroys the other.
                    Cat Dander, Mold, Dust, Pollens, Weeds/ Grass. So yes, basically year round with some environmental bounuses.
                    Let's add in the 3 twice daily meds, plus the over the counter sinus med all approved by my Dr until this first set of bottles have at least been completed. Then we will try droping the over the counter . . .then after the next series another med - etc till I have enough immunity built back up.
                    Oh - they also want me on a C-Pap (night time sleep apnea machine) but guess what - all of them give you air via your nose. So what good does it do me when I can't breathe through my nose 24-7?
                    Sorry just annoyed with the medical world right now.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                      Me-*dry mouthed gasping sound* Um...*forces a breath* I can't...
                      Waitress- Wow you really are allergic to mayo
                      Me- *COLLAPSES*
                      Oh, I would have raised living hell once I'd recovered. That clueless bitch probably just thought you didn't like mayo and could scrape it off. Bloody hell how I hate those people.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                        Most people from Texas don't really have an accent. People from Oklahoma and Arkansas on the other hand often get mistaken for what the media claims to be Texan.
                        Oh heck yes, we do too have accents!! Most of us just cannot recognize our own accent. I grew up in Austin, but anytime I hear somebody that grew up in one of the smaller towns, especially an older person, the accent is quite thick! I had to critique a video of myself for a public speaking class in college. I was amazed when I heard my own drawl!

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                        I was at a restaurant with a waitress who didn't believe I was allergic to mayo. I'm not sure what in it causes the allergy, but my larynx swells and I can't breathe.
                        The likely culprit is eggs, more specifically, the proteins in the albumen (white). Proteins can be nasty little buggers. When eggs are cooked, the proteins are changed and are not the same shape as when they are raw or otherwise processed, as in mayonnaise.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Was that customer from planet numbnuts? Your nose doesn't have to be stuffy or your eyes itching to constitute that you have allergies. What a moron.
                          Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 03-12-2008, 01:23 AM.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Texans do not have accents. The rest of the country just talks funny
                            Actually, my Texas accent tends to come out when I'm annoyed for some reason. The rest of the time I sound like I'm from back East.

As far as allergies go, I'm blessed enough to not have them too bad other than a bit of hay fever and a severe math allergy. My SO, on the other hand is deathly allergic to mushrooms and moderately allergic to onions and soy. While soy won't kill him, he does react adversely to having too much. Finding stuff without it though can be an exercise in futility at times. I swear they're going to start putting soy in the air because it's cheaper than oxygen soon.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I never had allergies until about 7th or 8th grade. Then spring came around that year and I just wanted to scratch my eyes out. I would go to the water fountain during the day just to run cold water over my eyes. I think that was the worst year, but I usually get them to some extent during the spring. Occasionally during the fall but not as bad. The last few years, though, haven't been too bad.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X