This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Mr. Coffee need an apartment?

Hi all, new here. A little background. I'm a temp leasing agent. Supposedly I lease apartments, but usually it's more like babysitting an office. Mostly I read while on the clock (books, want ads, customerssuck) and answer a few phone calls. Usually there the standard "how much are your apartments" questions, and then I get some frickin' weird ones, like this one:

Me: wishing ppl would leave me alone so I could finish this chapter

MC- Mr. Coffee

Me: Good afternoon S apartments, how can I help you?

MC: Uh, hi, do you know how much coffee to put in the coffee maker for a big pot?

Me: (dude, sounds like you've had enough "big pot" already) Excuse me?

MC: I'm trying to make some coffee and I don't know how much coffee to use, is a tablespoon and a half sound about right?

Me: Doesn't it tell you how much to use on the coffee can?

MC: Naw, the can don't say nothing on it

Me: (desperately trying to remember how many scoops I've watched my mother feed the machine) I'm really not sure...I rarely make coffee and when I do it's in a french press, my best guess? Try about 3/4 of a cup and see if it's too strong or weak for you, then go from there.

MC: Okay, thanks! *click!*

Now, here's the thing...I have no idea who this guy was. I don't know if he lived there, and just thought the leasing office was a good place to go for this beverage-based conundrum, if he misdialed starbucks, or if he just mashed the phone's keypad with his forehead and today was my lucky day. I just don't know. I'm just hoping he doesn't call back tomorrow with some sort of sandwich crisis.

Plenty more to come!
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Does the mayo go on the left slice or the right slice?! GAAAHHH!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

I put it on both sides that way, I don't have to remember which side it goes on.

Comment

welcome!

Talk about random weirdness....Being somewhat of a coffee junkie - I think I would've launched into a lecture on all the variables involved in making a pot of coffee...I mean, I have the time and the knowledge...might as well make it work, right?
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

If Mr. Coffee gets a condo.. can he get Mr. Bunn as a roommate?

Comment

He probably is the kind who calls 411 or 911 on Thanksgiving morning to find out how to thaw and cook his frozen 20 lb. turkey by noon.
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Well it depends on the brand of coffee. And how strong you like your coffee. I usually do 3 scoops.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                The Middle One

oh loving the avatar there idrinkarum
                sorry for my horrendous spelling; English is my first language, and I'm not dyslexic. I'm just shite at spelling

Comment

About one tablespoon per 6oz, depending on how strong you like it. I usually add one or two extra scoops for a full pot.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

My friends tell me I should become a cop just for the coffee. Whatever the "normal" amount is, if the pot is just for me, I double it. And I drink it black... Hmmm... I really need a coffee pot just for me so that my friend's eyes stop crossing when they take a sip.
                    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

i'm with jimmyk on that one; call me up and waste my time with a stupid question, i'm going to make it worth my time and amuse myself in the bargain.

i would also have launched into the variables until poor little 'mr. cofffee's' head spun off his spindly neck.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                        Well it depends on the brand of coffee. And how strong you like your coffee. I usually do 3 scoops.
                        I use between 3 and 3 1/2 if I'm making a full pot . . .but then it can vary depending on what kind of coffee you're brewing as well as how strong you want it.

Usually, it's half a pot, as I'm the only person at home who drinks coffee on a regular basis.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X