This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure about an idea

I recently had an idea to make maybe medium [using a half-3/4 yard of fabric] pillows and charge $15-20 each but want some other opinions. They would be sewn together on the sides on a sewing machine then after stuffing closed by hand. Material wise I would get an idea of what the customer wants and then go out and get pictures of patterns and if they see one they like they tell me, and I make it. I am not looking to make tons of money just enough to have some money to spend after my check from work is used up. So let me know what you think (too much, too little, charge for work by the hour, give up, etc.)
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

I don't know a whole lot about merchandising homemade goods, but your price seems pretty cheap for a custom made-to-order item. I'm not sure what sorts of materials you're using, though.

You need to consider cost of materials (fabric, stuffing, thread, any pretty packaging), labor, other expenses (transportation, Etsy fees, etc), and the profit you want to make on top of it all. Add all that up and that should be your wholesale cost.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

the material is like $5 stuff you find at the mart of walls unless I need to go elsewhere but yeah I'll keep that in mind and may set up an account on Etsy if I can get a good enough word of mouth.
      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Working...
      X