This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday gift to myself - Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer

My birthday was Tuesday. It was quiet, lovely, and with lots of good wishes from all over.

On Wednesday, I went to this little event at Bard College. Held in their largest theatre.

Neil Gaiman, reading the first draft of a new short story he just finished. A new faerie story, actually. He asked Bard for a small audience on which he could try it out, and they gave him the Sokoff. He filled all 900 seats.

He also read two poems: The Day The Saucers Came, and Isle of Iona. I have video of the second. Amanda also sung a little ditty about a ukulele. I have video of that, too.

After the reading, I walked about a hundred feet over, and went to see the sneak peek of Amanda's new show that she's putting together with Grand Theft Orchestra.

I have video of that, as well, but I can't post it. She's asked that all footage remain under wraps for now, since it's still a work in progress.

Let me just say... if you have a chance to go to any of the concerts for the new album, DO IT. This is an awesome show, and if it was that huge and epic in a small space, it'll be even more huge and epic in a large one.

Oh, and I got kicked in the hip by Amanda as she was being carried to the stage. Hazard of standing in the way. In my defense, I didn't know she was behind me. There was no indication she was coming through the crowd until suddenly, boom! Surprise Amanda!

All in all, it was an awesome night, and I'm sore, tired, and somewhat elated. Best birthday gift EVAR.

I'll try to post some photos, though they're not that good. And I have to check the sound on the video - I screwed up and accidentally covered the microphone for part of it. But I will try to post at least one video, as soon as I can sort it out.
Working...
X