Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here, let me show you a somewhat different use for a plastic bag ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here, let me show you a somewhat different use for a plastic bag ...

If I hear one more person complain about the impending disappearance of single-use plastics ... in particular, plastic grocery bags ... there will be pandemonium.

Had another complaining customer the other day. "Blah blah blah blah ... now [Competitor] has stopped giving out plastic bags and you have to buy paper bags and blah blah blah ... it's just a gimmick!! *rant rant*" (Yes, you DO have to pay for plastic bags as well.)

Dear Whiny Snowflakes: I'm sure this will shock you but people have gone shopping for foodstuffs for several thousand years without plastic bags. Not to mention that there have been, and continue to be, alternatives to single-use plastic (and paper) bags for what ... 20 years? Thirty? If you haven't dealt with the issue by now, cry me a river and then drown in it.

I couldn't think of any way to respond that wouldn't get me in trouble, so settled for a half-shrug and a "There's your change; have a good day."

Talk about First World problems ....
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post

I couldn't think of any way to respond that wouldn't get me in trouble, so settled for a half-shrug and a "There's your change; have a good day."

Just smile and say, "That's nice."
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I love it! Thank you!
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Just smile and say, "That's nice."
        And then say, "See you next time!"
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Alas, this particular customer was of the male persuasion, but I will definitely keep that one in mind as well.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Much like being a bitch, 'See You Next Tuesday' knows no gender.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

People like that are just lazy and stupid. I've been using reusable bags for a hell of a long time now, 15 years maybe? So the ban on plastic here didn't affect me. I've also started using the reusable produce bags too, even though they aren't banned plastic. I figure why not? I like them. Why can't people just deal and move on?
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Change requires making new patterns and habits. Worst of all, this requires THOUGHT. Don't you know how painful THINKING is to some of these humans?

huh. Just had a quick chain of thoughts. Modern (hah!) humans are so used to getting all their cues from television and various video sources. Needs to have a few references of going shopping and "Whoops! Almost went into the store without my bags!" Monkey see, monkey do.

Comment

Some of us do actually have reuse purposes for grocery bags, such as when cleaning a litterbox. Once bans started getting floated around, DH insisted we start saving them for such uses. We've got a good supply for a while.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                    Some of us do actually have reuse purposes for grocery bags, such as when cleaning a litterbox. Once bans started getting floated around, DH insisted we start saving them for such uses. We've got a good supply for a while.
                    Same here. I also have FOUR garbage cans in my house that I bought specifically to use those old grocery bags in. That means, when they're all gone, I'm going to have to BUY plastic can liners for those cans. How does this help??

The last time I ran low on plastic grocery bags, I asked on Freecycle, and got pretty near a year's supply. It's time to ask again. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Comment

Working...
                    X