This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this has been bugging me...

You don't get your cutie marks when you're born-they arrive later when you discover whatever talent it is that decides what your cutie mark will be.

But you get your name when you're born, so if you're a Cherry Pie or a Diamond Tiara won't you know what your cutie mark is going to be? And what if it doesn't match your name-that could be..awkward?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Maybe they have baby names, and when the cutie mark appears they take an adult name? Like Confirmation names for Catholics?
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

If you look at most of them, their names really don't match what their cutie mark ended up being. The names had more to do with what the family business was and not what their talent is.

Comment

Meh. They're retconned.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          You don't get your cutie marks when you're born-they arrive later when you discover whatever talent it is that decides what your cutie mark will be.

But you get your name when you're born, so if you're a Cherry Pie or a Diamond Tiara won't you know what your cutie mark is going to be? And what if it doesn't match your name-that could be..awkward?
          From what I've seen, it's not uncommon for the ponies to change their names at some point during their life for marriage or whathaveyou. The main examples I can think of are:

- Applejack's mother being born Pear Butter, then changing her name to Buttercup upon marriage.(Cutie mark was a jar of what I can only presume to be butter)

- Cup Cake (Pinkie Pie's foster mom) was born Chiffon Swirl (cutie mark is well, cupcakes)

- Spoiled Rich (Diamond Tiara's mom) was born Spoiled Milk (cutie mark is an engagement ring).

Comment

Working...
          X