Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are all spouses of main characters on MASH.

What do Laurence Fishburne, Cyndi Lauper, and Phil Hartman all have in common?

Comment

• The only thing that comes to mind is pee wee's playhouse, but I am 90% certain that its wrong.....
      Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
      Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
      Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

• You're right DaDairyDruid - Cyndi sang the theme song, Mr Fishburne played Cowboy Curtis and Mr Hartman played Captain Carl

Comment

• Name the source and speaker:

"Oh, my dear Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence."
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
            Name the source and speaker:

"Oh, my dear Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence."
            Evil (David Warner), "Time Bandits".

What movie did this exchange of dialogue come from?

- [eating a hot dog for the first time] "There's no dog in this."
            - "Uh-uh."
            - "Hydrolyzed vegetable protein, soybean meal, niacin, dextrose, and sodium nitrate flavoring. "
            - "Yup. That's what we call "meat" back home."
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Oh drat. It's "Battle Beyond the Stars" or some such like that. The movie that launched the infamous spaceship that looks like the battle bridge of the Enterprise DD...
              Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

Comment

• Forgot a question. What do Mama's Family, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, and M*A*S*H have in common?

Comment

• Wild stab in the dark on this one. All three shows used instrumental openings that have lyrics that weren't used.

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
                    Wild stab in the dark on this one. All three shows used instrumental openings that have lyrics that weren't used.
                    Exactly! great Job!

Comment

• Continuing the previous question's theme:

What do Baywatch and Mama's Family have in common?

Comment

• Okay, I'll start from DDD's inspiration of music -- (sorry, I must have been typing while Chanlin posted)

Actually, the lyrics to the intro to Buck Rogers were used once...in the pilot episode.

A drama/action TV series, from the late 80's/early 90's, did the same thing. One of the bit part players from this show went on to be a major character on a later, well-known sci-fi series.

Name it.
                        Last edited by EricKei; 01-25-2012, 01:55 PM. Reason: Buck would have been too easy at this point; clarified date
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
                          Continuing the previous question's theme:

What do Baywatch and Mama's Family have in common?
                          Guessing, but both series were cancelled by the networks that they started on but started up again with new episodes (full seasons, actually) in syndication.

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
                          Oh drat. It's "Battle Beyond the Stars" or some such like that. The movie that launched the infamous spaceship that looks like the battle bridge of the Enterprise DD...
                          Yep, it was "Battle Beyond The Stars".

And you know who designed that ship?

James "Titanic/Avatar" Cameron himself.

No new question from me, 'cause I have NO idead for an answer for EricKei's question.
                          Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 01-25-2012, 05:16 AM.
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Mr Chicken warrior got mine.

And for EricKei's current question I have no answer, but quoting it to keep it at the end of the thread

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            A drama/action TV series, from the 90's, did the same thing. One of the bit part players from this show went on to be a major character on a later, well-known sci-fi series.
                            Name it.

Comment

• I am guessing Xena

Comment

• Newp ^_^ Keep in mind ...er, what I should have clarified -- this series did the same thing as Buck Rogers, where it used the theme song once and once only during the intro. The song was used at least once again, with lyrics, *during* the main plot in an episode of the series.

Here's a hint regarding the actor -- One could say that he played a tiny role. Father would know.

>> I'll give ya the answer if no-one gets it by Friday night. <<
                                Last edited by EricKei; 01-25-2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X