Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cussing isn't going to make them upgrade your area....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cussing isn't going to make them upgrade your area....

DISCLAIMER: I know the SC has a legit gripe, but the way he went about handling it was sucky and not necessary at all.

The ISP I was on served people in areas that the major telcos wouldn't venture into (Mainly the 'sticks). The big issue was that they would frequently overload the equipment at the central offices and were too greedy to tell prospective new customers "sorry we're full and/or overloaded but we'll call you when a slot opens up" and too cheap to add capacity, because as one of our former upper management types said, "There's no point in spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to add capacity to these small towns where half probably don't even have the mental capacity to use a computer."

The end result of all this is that as soon as peak times hit, these people's speeds drop like a rock. It got so bad that the ISP had to create a whole new department to handle the slow speed complaints.

This SC started pleasant with me and as he was flagged to go to this department, I transferred him there. Later on I read the notes from that department and asked a sup on the floor if the call can be pulled so I can listen to it. It could, so it was pulled.

Here was the meat of the call:

SC: Hi, I was sent over here because the last rep told me you have more information about my slow speed?

Rep: Yes, let me look.... *looks up area.* Okay, it looks like that we recognize that there are issues in the area with slow speeds but no upgrades are scheduled in your area.

SC: Why the hell not?!

Rep: I'll read an email that you should have gotten about this. It says that your service area would be too cost prohibitive to upgrade.

SC: You know what? This is FUCKING BULLSHIT! If you don't want to service me or the people around me, sell your network to a company that will!

Rep: Sir, I'd like you to stop with the profanity, there is no reason for that. Secondly we are servicing you because you live in an area that other providers don't want to expand out to....

SC: So in other words, give me fucking crappy service because of where I live?! Sorry but that's no fucking way to treat a customer, in fact it's downright fucking discriminatory!

Rep: Sir, I've warned you once to stop using profanity....

SC: My cussing is justified when the only high speed ISP in my area - you guys - are admitting that I have to put up with slow speeds just because of where I fucking live!

Rep: Sir, I never said that....

SC: Yes you did! What do I have to do, move out and relocate me and my family just to get decent service?!

Rep: No. We do offer high speed internet via satellite through our affiliated satellite TV provider as a workaround.

SC: So you have the gall to sell me satellite internet as "a workaround" because you're too lazy and cheap to add capacity to your hardlines? You're a real piece of fucking shit, you know that?!

Rep: One more time with the profanity sir and I am going to release this call.

SC: Do that and I'm taking legal action, you know what I'm saying?!

Rep: When you signed up with our service you agreed to give up the right to sue us for any reason....

SC: Fuck! Fucking bullshit this company is!

*click.*

Hey, don't move to the sticks and then complain when you don't get the same amenities as the city , dipshit....
    Last edited by sld72382; 10-14-2013, 05:53 PM.
Working...
X