This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Told You What To Do, So Do It

Luser calls up. He's having issues with his clearances. Now, he confuses clearances with his ID certificates, which are testing fine, so he calls up IT Service Desk and gets me.

He explains he got contacted by the office that handles clearances and was told to contact his security officer to be briefed. So I ask him, "So have you contacted your security officer?"

He restates his position re: the certificates, and I ask him again, "Yes, but have you contacted your security officer?"

He says no he hasn't, because his certificates test as valid, and I finally manage to break his logic loop: "So you haven't contacted your security officer."

He admits he hasn't, and finally asks who that would be. I tell him I don't have the specific information, but once I use the right acronym, he understands and has the right phone number to use. I clarify that certificates don't really have anything to do with his clearances, just his accesses, which are two different things.

Seriously, I get that you think you have the explanation for why things should be working, but if the people who are telling you what the issue is are telling you to do something, maybe you should do that.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Working...
X