This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    Back to the thread, I am very amused by the 2 camps I see with the responses. There is Team "Nobody has ever been killed witnessing childbirth" and Team "Oh, hell no! I will choose surgical options first!"
    I remember when my 4 daughters were born, and I was on both camps; 2 of them I was , and the other 2 I was good, even helping my wife during childbirth.

Comment

When my first daughter was born I was nervous after that not so much. Also on the first youngin my wife labored for 19 hours the other four we had to make sure she carried a pillow to throw down so the kid would have a soft landing. Our oldest son (kid #3) was out in a hour after the first contraction.
      I grew up on a farm so seeing things getting birthed is disconcerting at first but the new wears of quick.
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        ..the female body is designed to give birth but a 7lb object doesn't exit a 10cm hole too easily,
        ...its a lot less easy to put it back in again afterwards
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Which doesn't keep about half of us from trying!
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
          X