Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$55 in store credit isn't enough, I want to commit coupon fraud (& bonus story)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We get mixed messages as well. Some leads say "if you offered it to the customer and they didn't want it (some won't take the Catalina paper no matter what it is) it's yours"; some leads will swoop down and collect anything and trash it. Right now we have BOGO coupons for a line of 'healthy' frozen kids' meals that I actually like; I hoard those and will hand them out if a kid comes through my lane.

I think they are keeping an eye on coupon use with the associate discount though; if a given card is using coupons on every single purchase they will tend to watch you. Especially if it needs an override; then the person doing it is also on the radar.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      If the coupon says it can't be combined with other offers, you can say that the 2-pack is inherently discounted.
      Yeah, basically this. I'd warn the customer in advance, and then I'd scan the coupon to show that it didn't scan and the system wouldn't accept it. The store would get pretty picky about coupons, and I can't really blame them. They received appx $10K in coupons a week, and wanted to make sure they received reimbursement from the manufacturer.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        My favorite (not) is people who try to use a $1-off-two coupon when it's already BOGO. The system sees that you're only paying for one, so it rejects the coupon as the quantity isn't satisfied.
        If they're getting 4, would it be OK to use the coupon?

Item 1 - paid for
        Item 2 - free due to BOGO
        Item 3 - paid for
        Item 4 - free due to BOGO

2 items paid for, coupon takes $1 off.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I believe so; all that matters is the system needs to see a quantity of 2 that are full price. I have suggested that, but usually get met with "I can't use that many!". My usual rebuttal (aside from that being the ONLY way you can get both deals) is to give the extra to a friend/food pantry.

A few customers have bought the quantity needed to let both deals work (overall they still only paid for 2), then gave the extra to any of us peons that want it.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            That's technically naughty at my store--they consider that the customers' property--but sometimes if they are laying around management will collect them in a box for us to rummage through. It's a mixed message.
            At my store 3 or 4 people have been fired for collecting coupons that customers have left

EDIT: Apparently I can't spell, lol

Comment

More coupon madness!

Our reduced grocery tags have the product description on the tag (in theory to prevent switching, but I'm the only one who ever compares the tag and product), but scan simply as "Reduced Groc Other". Since it doesn't scan as the actual item, you can't use an item-specific coupon. I can't count how many times I've argued with SCs about that...when they really won't see logic and B is on the desk I just tell them to go over there to get denied in front of a manager.

Comment

Working...
              X