This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworker is Retiring [cheer emoji]

The coworker who's been a thorn in my side since I started working here is retiring. Her last day is tomorrow.

Early in posting here, I called her the Aneurysm Waiting to Happen, and I also complained about her here, here, here, and here. I'm sure there's also many posts on the "To that one co-worker" thread, but I'm not going to search for those.

CW has spent the week clearing out her desk, handing off stuff to other CWs, and dusting. We're having a pot luck on her last day tomorrow, and we all signed a card.

I want to cheer. I'm going to have a few drinks to celebrate after work tomorrow. I think the work environment is going to be MUUUCH better after she's gone.

She's more worried about inconsequential things like who's going to shovel snow or weed the flowers than anything that actually matters. She's such a control freak that she said she'll come back this summer to plant flowers and weed them for us. Nobody actually wants that.

Last week, she volunteered me to go to the Chamber of Commerce meetings on behalf of the bank. (At least until we get a new manager, she said. Which is a whole separate rant.) Also since the Chamber of Commerce is hosted by a different business each month, she tried to get me to volunteer the bank to host next month's meeting. But nobody brought up where the next meeting would be held, including me.

But nevermind that. This is supposed to be a thread celebrating Annoying CW's retirement. Let's get turnt!
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Twenty freaking years, and nobody has: snapped and done grievous bodily harm, fired her, (AHEM!)-slapped some sense into her, talked some sense into her, (AHEM!)-slapped her in general, fired her, demoted her to where she belongs, etc.

Also impressive: Twenty years of being stuck so far up in her own... head... that no clue by four has ever reached her. She still believes that she's the perfect worker and everyone loves her.

Still surprising that she hasn't had that long denied aneurysm yet, either. Oh wait, she was giving those out to her fellow workers in small doses, daily.

Comment

DRANKS DRANKS DRANKS DRANKS
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Woo hoo! *starts up the conga line*

Comment

Hooray! *~flings confetti~*

Comment

Congrats on you all being freed from her.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

She sounds insane, yay for being gone! I think we all have at least one CW we would like to see the last of.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I am surprised that you did not have the going away party on Monday.

All people bring joy to a room.
                Some when they enter.
                Some when the leave.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                  I am surprised that you did not have the going away party on Monday.
                  That's when the REAL party happens!
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

So how is it now without AWTH? Any time bombs go off yet? Or were discovered? Who's the poor sap who inherited her duties?
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

So far, it's just like she's on vacation. The Head Teller is doing most of her duties, though it's been spread out among 4 employees, including me. Truth is, she hasn't been doing that much actual work for more than a year. Management has decided that most of her duties should be done by someone at the main branch -- mostly, I think, because she fought every little change and couldn't be relied on to follow procedures correctly. The biggest portion of her "work" seemed to be butting her nose into things that didn't need her input and complaining about everything.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

The Story of Retiree Continues

I mentioned at the top of this thread that Retiree used to be active with the City Chamber of Commerce. She and I went to the last two chamber meetings together before she retired. She said she would keep coming to the meetings to represent her husband's business. Nobody bought that, of course. We all recognized it was a shallow ploy to keep control and be a busybody.

But she hasn't been to the latest two meetings, and the one before that, she was late. So she literally didn't have a place at the table. You see, that month's meeting was at the City building, in the City Council chamber. There's only so many chairs around that table - just enough for the mayor and councilors. She had to sit it the "audience" area. And because she was late, she didn't have a chance to butt into the things we'd already discussed.

Before she retired, Retiree was a signer on the Chamber's checking account. I'm not even sure why - she wasn't an officer or anything. Maybe she shouldered her way in because she worked at the bank and thus it was convenient for her to be able to make deposits and such. Today, I met with the VP and Treasurer of the Chamber to discuss a fundraiser the Chamber is spearheading. Towards the end, VP asked me what they need to do to remove Retiree from the Chamber's checking account. I gave her the standard reply, meeting minutes with the current list of authorized signers.

Then we had a nice little gripe session about Retiree. I related this story. VP looked shocked when I said Retiree kind of exploded at me about it, that Retiree got mad when I said that VP wasn't sure if she wanted to stay on the account. But now she'll be off the account and have no more say than any other person what's done with the Chamber's funds.

Ted used to tell me that I should put up with Retiree because she was active in the community, that she does good things with her volunteering and church activity. Well, that seems to have dropped off steeply over the summer. And nobody seems to actually like her - they just put up with her because they think they have to.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                        X