This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad ID Photo Grand Prize Contender

One of the things we produce at my current job is photo ID badges for the company's field techs. For whatever reason, they have the techs submit their own photos. I've rejected badge jobs because the photo was too low res, but this was the first I rejected for just having an awful picture.

I mean, this thing was BAD. It was an absolutely textbook example of what not to do in an ID photo. For obvious reasons I cannot post it here, but just try and picture this:

-It was a selfie taken at what I initially thought was a city sidewalk at an intersection, but upon closer inspection may be a parking lot.

-He wasn't standing square-on to the camera, nor looking straight at it.

-His "smile" was closer to a sneer.

-He was wearing a red plaid flannel shirt (yes, seriously!)

-Wherever the heck he was, the area was under repair, and 3 bright orange cones were clustered right near his head.

-There were TWO other people and the arm of a third clearly visible right near him

-The backside of one of those people - because of the angle - was right next to his face!!!!!

I brought this to the person who creates the ID files and asked if she really wanted me to mail this to the guy. I refrained from pointing out that she should have caught it - and to be fair, she makes a lot of these and had probably been on autopilot. But I did say that there have to be standards, and this was - IMHO - far too unprofessional and i wouldn't send it without additional approval.

She agreed with me immediately, and her boss also said no way when she followed up on it. They're having him send in a better picture.

Really, what WAS this guy thinking?!?!?!?
    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-23-2019, 11:13 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Either he wasn't thinking at all ... or he wanted to see just what he could get away with ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

This is part of the reason why our project manager would take our picture so bank managers could see who was changing their server.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
      X