This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bung up shipping, by proper form response

I had my phone break in a fall. Meh, it happens. I email the service, as they're not one of the bigs, or even a medium, but the price was right.
    Each response back from them takes minimum 24 hours, in which I have to explain very clearly that in no way will 'resetting the phone' will undo a broken LCD screen.

Finally we get to the "Oh, it are broke, so we send you out a new one. Gives to us the shipping address, and it CANNOT be a P.O. Box." I figure they're using one of the FedUP services to make it happen, and give the address here. I finally get the email stating that they're using one of the "Smart" delivery schemes where the expensive carrier rushes it to the post office, who makes the delivery.
    One small problem here: USPS doesn't deliver here, which is why there's a P.O. Box.
    The phone service specified that I can't give them a P.O. Box, but they use a method that would require...
    Is it any wonder I get these headaches sometimes?

I've been on this particular carnival ride. In fact, I'm having flashbacks right now.

My condolences & best of luck. Last time around, I cancelled an entire service for the company rather than have to deal with their stupidity.

I should post about that sometime, but the stupid burns my brain when i think of it.

Comment

Pro tip: You can sign up for a service that lets you have packages delivered to the post office's street address.

https://ribbs.usps.gov/mtcsa/documen...rAgreement.pdf

Comment

Actually, you don't even need to sign up for a service for that, or at least you don't around here. It may depend on the postmaster for your area whether they'll require you to sign up or not. Just find out the street address where your box is, then give the address as Your Name 12132 Whatever St #Box City, State, zip.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Way I get around that is I will put my street address and then Box ... I just put Box and not P.O. part. One time I was questioned about it, I said it was part of my street address. So far it has solved the problem *knock wood*

Comment

Ahh, so the address of the local post office, then the box number. It's simple, it's brilliant. I may have to use that with these idiots. I got back the response that "Oh yeah, we use the FedEx to deliver." Umm, yeah, you guys originally stated that you use the cheaper route where FedEx gets it close then mails it in.
            Bah. Ah well, and so, the waiting game begins. I'll either have my phone... eventually, or I'll go two more rounds with them. Happily, they're not the only service provider with that price tag, and it'll cost me nothing to switch.

Comment

The phrase "unit number" or just "#" covers many sins.... Our mailbox gets stuff delivered that "cannot go to a PO box" all the time; we just tell them its "#111" and let them assume "apartment number" or whatever.
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                Ahh, so the address of the local post office, then the box number. It's simple, it's brilliant. I may have to use that with these idiots. I got back the response that "Oh yeah, we use the FedEx to deliver." Umm, yeah, you guys originally stated that you use the cheaper route where FedEx gets it close then mails it in.
                Bah. Ah well, and so, the waiting game begins. I'll either have my phone... eventually, or I'll go two more rounds with them. Happily, they're not the only service provider with that price tag, and it'll cost me nothing to switch.
                I had the same thing happen once, used Fedex so only put street address...but it was Fedex Ground so they pass off to the local post office..my nerves!! LOL!

Comment

I ordered something back in October, was supposed to ship FedEx from Pittsburg to Toledo, with an estimated 2 to 3 days.

It left Pittsburg, got handed off to USPS (da fu**?), arrived in Allen Park, Michigan, then traveled to Chicago, then Columbus, BACK to Chicago, to Allen Park AGAIN, sat there for almost a week, and then eventually made the final leg of the journey to Toledo.

Four and a half weeks of this nonsense.

Now for the really fun part. When it zoomed through Allen Park the first time? Allen Park is the major USPS facility (I guess you call it a 'hub'?) for Toledo.

'Smart', my ass.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                    ... It left Pittsburg, got handed off to USPS (da fu**?) ... eventually made the final leg of the journey to Toledo.
                    The airline baggage boys did that to "Bomb Bay" some speshul's luggage. As in "route it through Bombay!"
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When I was selling online, I once had a Priority Mail package take three weeks to get from NM to VA. At one point in the journey it actually reached VA (the next town over from the actual destination), then for some reason backtracked through CO. Coordinated inquiries from both the buyer and myself (with associated documentation and tracking scans) finally shook it loose...I was never reimbursed for the "two day" service (despite the fact that it took far longer than two days and was due to no mistake of mine).
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm right now having fun with shipping. I was supposed to receive a package at work on Monday the 10th. It didn't get to town till the 10th, so I assume the USPS will get it out Tuesday.

No dice, and no updates on the tracking Tuesday.

I checked again today (Wednesday), and find out the package is in Des Moines, Iowa - 5 hours south of my central Minnesota home.

WTF!?! So it gets to my town and to my post office, but then is then sent to a city 5 hours away?

I'm guessing someone made a mistake.

Now, when will I ACTUALLY get my package?
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Looks like I'm not the only one seeing this. I've had 2 in the last week go to the regional center (with the monster sorting machine), then go ... places, only to go BACK to that regional center to go out to the local post office.

Comment

As I was reading this post last week...
                            UPS drops off package at neighboring town.
                            Neighboring town sends package to Atlanta
                            Atlanta sends package to town on other side of Atlanta from me.
                            They return package to Atlanta
                            Atlanta send package to my town.

I could have had the package on Tuesday. Instead, I got it Saturday.
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I've heard that it is possible to update the tracking location for an entire truck or other container at once. The location is applied to every package that they know is inside rather than individually scan each item.

How many of the observed tracking anomalies can be explained by the interaction between this and human error?

Comment

Working...
                              X