X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo

I quit my job.

Over the weekend I called my manager on his cell because there were no managers at the store high enough to take a resignation. I was working at a big box home improvement center with red vests. The new computerized scheduling system has me working over what was my availability, on hours that don't match what I was hired for, for shifts that cost me money to do as I drove an hour too and from work. With less than 8 hours between shifts happening. They also apparently screwed up my tax with holdings when they switched systems last year. So Yay now they really did cost me money. I unfortunately couldn't afford to give my two weeks notice as it would have literally cost me more than going to work and with the shear amount of people leaving the store I am wondering how long it will last. At last count we were at around 70% staffed due to these changes, and I knew of at least 10 other people who were looking to jump ship.

Its amazing when a place that lists "Flexible schedule" as a bonus for working there goes down to the point where they are demanding people work when they have other jobs, or when they have to pick up kids from school. For me it was more I was garunteed in writing a minimal number of hours per shift to offset the hour long drive. But when they try to use me to cover 2 hours for peoples lunches and get angry that I won't do it. And handily lose the paper that had my agreement on it.

Sorry for rambling and poor formatting, I'm just stressed.

Talk about a fast track to demise. Glad you escaped. Let us know when they lock the doors.

Good luck on what ever you do next.

Quoth Chainsmith View Post
    For me it was more I was garunteed in writing a minimal number of hours per shift to offset the hour long drive. *snip* And handily lose the paper that had my agreement on it.
    Note to those reading. Always keep a copy for yourself. Do not make a copy of the signed agreement. Someone could claim the photocopy is doctored. Two copies of the agreement, both signed by both parties. Each keeps one.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Note to those reading. Always keep a copy for yourself. Do not make a copy of the signed agreement. Someone could claim the photocopy is doctored. Two copies of the agreement, both signed by both parties. Each keeps one.
      YES! I’m also a fan of the sign in blue pen method so you know what’s an original and what’s a photocopy. Though one of my doctors offices recently told me blue pen doesn’t scan into their system well.

Comment

Quoth Zellylicious View Post
        YES! I’m also a fan of the sign in blue pen method so you know what’s an original and what’s a photocopy. Though one of my doctors offices recently told me blue pen doesn’t scan into their system well.
        Isn't that the whole point of signing in blue ink? If it doesn't scan it can't be copied.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Isn't that the whole point of signing in blue ink? If it doesn't scan it can't be copied.
          Sign in black, initial the signature in blue?

With the increasing penetration of full-color multifunction print/scan/copiers the bluelight special copy detection trick is becoming obsolete.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            In the days of yore, when everything was black & white, the blue ink would stand out. If it doesn't scan, it is a bad scanner. Full color copiers make that obsolete.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Good point on color scans negating the issue

Many B/W scanners ignore "non-photo blue," e.g. roughly the shade used for looseleaf paper in the US, or that used in bluescreens in TV/movies (greenscreen seems to be more common these days, though). From what I gather, this is 100% intentional. It could simply be that blue ink that isn't dark enough as written is getting ignored because it's too close to this color.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X