Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm down to one day a week at the retail job and we have our back to school stuff sitting in the backroom. I don't know when we received it, but it hasn't started to go out yet. We're going to need to sell the patio furniture (usually fourth of July takes care of that) and maybe take down a few displays in the center aisle.

I don't think we get our Christmas stuff in till a week or two after we put our Halloween stuff out. Last year, we didn't have Halloween stuff till the first week of September. I personally was a little antsy about that because I wanted costumes.

Comment

We should be getting back to school stuff soon. Then Halloween. Then Christmas.

Halloween is big at my store. And there's a party store next door. We send people there all the time and they send us people. Especially around Halloween.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I think our blackouts start in the fall too, not sure about September but probably by October or so. My particular group has its big event in mid November.

As for BTS, of course it depends somewhat on when school gets out and goes back in in your area. When I was growing up in NJ we went back to school right after Labor Day (1st Monday in September) and got out around the 3rd week of June. Here, the kids get out around the 3rd week of May and go back earlyish in August.
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Ok, I agree, but I can't help it. The elf in me loves it when Christmas stuff starts coming out... even though the sensible part says it's too early.

Comment

We've been gearing up for Christmas for about a month and half now. Signs are up and some of the brochures are already out. Mind you we didn't start until Ocotber last year so we're impressed. I think we're the first hotel in the area to start advertising Christmas.
            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Working...
            X