X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Week

on my new shift.

Well, I survived all those 12 hour shifts in a row. Man, those shifts are freaking KILLER. The first night, I was dosing off while working. All the years of chastizing people who get tired at work, and there I go doing the same.

I'm not used to waking up so early, I have to be to work several hours earlier than usual. It's hard and traffic really sucks at that time of the afternoon.

I still work over-nights, but it's more of like a combination of second shift and night shift together. Yeowwch.

Just figured I'd let you guys know I will probably not be around so much during the week anymore. Once I get home, I get about an hour or so to chill out, and then it's back to bed. That's what really sucks is no downtime to go work out or make appointments or run errands.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

And the shifts are 12 hours from here on out? How DO they expect you to get anything else done? sigh.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Yes, it's all 12s for the rest of time, but as a bonus I get more money and more time off.

The only tough part will be having to be almost aggressive with making appointments, they'll HAVE to be on days off.

Comment

Good luck with that....Dr offices are the worst, they never work when you need them to to fit your schedule

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          Good luck with that....Dr offices are the worst, they never work when you need them to to fit your schedule
          You need to change doctor's then. I don't have that problem with my doctor.
          Just sayin'....

Comment

I've been wondering how you've been doing with that. I thought I sent you a FB message, but I guess I forgot.

It's tough to get used to, but once you do - it's hard to go back to anything else.

I've been working 12's for almost 4 years, but I work so dammed much OT it's hard to tell if it's the shifts that get me or the extra hours.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm a little worried, a few of my coworkers who are on the opposing shifts had to work an extra day this week, and now starting tomorrow, it's my longer week.

Although, I will say, it's GREAT to be able to smoke at work again. It makes it more tolerable.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Although, I will say, it's GREAT to be able to smoke at work again. It makes it more tolerable.
                You can smoke at work again? what happened there? what'd I miss?

Comment

Working...
                X