X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales From the Hobby Department Part 2

The Airbrush Case

It would appear that someone, somewhere has a very unhealthy love for airbrushes and air compressors. It is the only explanation I can come up with for the smudges that appeared on the air brush case. Not only was the glass covered in "oh shiny" hand prints, but it actually seems as though someone pressed their face against the case and drooled.

...They are quite pretty though.... I'll give them that.

Exacto Knives

Why you needed ONE blade out of the pack of 5, I am not sure. But thank you for taking it and leaving the other 4 scattered along the base board for me to pick up. I assume you put the one you stole in your purse...pocket...or wallet. In which case, I really hope you forget it is there and have a nasty surprise later.

Enjoy.

More Adventures in Figurines

The Red and Blue knights ((on their respective horses)) were at it again. Jousting as usual. However they were preforming for an audience of Cowboys, Elephants and Giraffes today....and seemed to be fighting over the Harley Davidson. The geographical and historical inconsistencies in the scene were quite amusing...if not perplexing.
    ------

A few of the jockeys were in a race, it would seem that the winner was not yet decided...and I discovered two of them hiding behind the Diorama stuff in a very compromising situation.

-----
    There was an EPIC battle between the dinosaurs. Two Big bad T-Rex, 3 little T-Rex and the velociraptors VS 3 Stegosaurus, 2 Woolly Mammoths, and a baby t-rex((who may or may not have been a double agent)). The main hub of the battle took place under the exacto knives....but I found random contingencies scattered around by the slot cars as well.

-------

The Appaloosas have once again staged an escape and lead the other horses out. I found some frolicking by the Easel displays, a few playing in the science kits...and I heard a rumor that a few others were found all the way over in Seasonal stuff.

-------

A hyena got into the tiger cubs.... I either saved the cubs or the hyena.... mommy tiger lives right next door.

------

The blue princess and the prince were dancing by the art kits, it appears they were the only ones to stay late after the ball.

----

The cowboys appear to have had a quarrel of some type. They left the Indians alone and waged war amidst themselves. A few rode into the fray on their horses, others were faced off ready to shoot.... I seemed to have missed the 20 paces.

They have been sent to their respective shelves to cool off and think about what they did.

~End~
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
    The Airbrush Case

It would appear that someone, somewhere has a very unhealthy love for airbrushes and air compressors. It is the only explanation I can come up with for the smudges that appeared on the air brush case. Not only was the glass covered in "oh shiny" hand prints, but it actually seems as though someone pressed their face against the case and drooled.

...They are quite pretty though.... I'll give them that.
    Could be #2 son, though he's supposed to be in Israel...

Or his mother...

I can see either of them drooling like that.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The Airbrush Case
      All I can say it is wasn't me. I hate airbrushing with a fiery passion, and although I do own an airbrush (one my uncle gave me that he wasn't using anymore) I only ever break it out when absolutely necessary. Whenever possible I either hand-brush my models or use spray cans. In fact, I've managed to hone my hand-brushing skills to the point that I've achieved finishes that no one believes WEREN'T airbrushed!
      Exacto Knives

Why you needed ONE blade out of the pack of 5, I am not sure. But thank you for taking it and leaving the other 4 scattered along the base board for me to pick up.
      I used to run into this all the time when I worked at the Bent Staple (which feels like forever ago, but it's only been a couple months). People would steal *a* pen or *a* gluestick or *an* eraser out of a multipack. Why not just steal the whole thing? Is it out of some limited sense of conscience that says stealing one thing isn't as bad at stealing the whole box? I dont' get it. Especially for something sharp like Xacto blades, which IIRC come in a small plastic tube that would be easy to slip into a pocket (I know ProEdge packages their #11 blades that way, not certain about Xacto but I think they do the same).
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

As much as I need to change my x-acto blade, I would never steal one. In fact, I remember when my teacher gave me one to take home for stamp-carving, and she stuck it in an eraser, and wrapped it in like 4 layers of heavy-duty posterboard, and then ductaped the whole lot together. She told me not to bother bringing it back, because of the tiny sharpness. Didn't stop me from taping it to a pencil and carving the stamp during my free classes, but the librarian told me I could.

Just so you know, the other day hubby and I had fun with the schleigh animals and the checkout clerk's counter. We made an epic battle between the dinosaurs versus the safari animals. The clerk had walked out, and when she returned, her desk was covered, with hubby and I standing there smiling. She cracked up and then we put them all back except for what we bought. I like to think we made her day better.
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

They have been sent to their respective shelves to cool off and think about what they did.
          I don't know why, but this line has me .

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The cowboys appear to have had a quarrel of some type. They left the Indians alone and waged war amidst themselves. A few rode into the fray on their horses, others were faced off ready to shoot.... I seemed to have missed the 20 paces.

How will you know if they regret their actions? Will they suddenly appear in another section, sharing coffee over a campfire? Or will they be found in compromising positions, like the jockeys?

Comment

I love your posts. *leans and snuggles*

So ummm the baby t-Rex a double agent Eh? I knew I shouldnt have... Erm... Carry on.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                How will you know if they regret their actions? Will they suddenly appear in another section, sharing coffee over a campfire? Or will they be found in compromising positions, like the jockeys?

I'm not sure...my theory is if they regret their actions they should be back up and doing the Cowboys Vs Indians....on DINOSAURS.... thing again soon.

...although I am still waiting to find a scene from Broke Back Mountain being repeated.....

Quoth Aethian View Post
                I love your posts. *leans and snuggles*

So ummm the baby t-Rex a double agent Eh? I knew I shouldnt have... Erm... Carry on.
                Yey!....wait...what did you do to the baby t-rex!
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

I just really want to go there and play with the animals and stuff. Tigers! Yay!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                    As much as I need to change my x-acto blade, I would never steal one. In fact, I remember when my teacher gave me one to take home for stamp-carving, and she stuck it in an eraser, and wrapped it in like 4 layers of heavy-duty posterboard, and then ductaped the whole lot together. She told me not to bother bringing it back, because of the tiny sharpness. Didn't stop me from taping it to a pencil and carving the stamp during my free classes, but the librarian told me I could.
                    I never have to worry about spare exacto blades, ordered a set of 100 from a hobby supply company for £14.99, will last me near a lifetime.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Don't count on it. I'm already on at least my third set of 100 and I'm only 28!
                      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Do you sell Lincoln Logs? I'd love to hear about several cowboys defending the log cabin of the fairy-tale characters against a dinosaur attack.

Comment

No. No Lincoln logs ((I am actually really glad for that)) But we do have some farm houses and castles that have somehow managed to stay out of the mix
                          -Red

Comment

I have visions of the dispcaed Indians riding the backs of hadrosaurs to the promised land of the floral arrangements, where herbivores may roam free and a tribe may gorw in peace.

In my defense I had to take some migraine medication tonight.

Comment

I'm never going to go by the little figurine section at work again..and not imagine that.

Today, I saw a fairy riding on top of a pig. Usually, they're stuffed in the mouths of the dinos.
                              you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
                              X