This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I declare...BANKRUPTCY!!!

Welp, it finally happened; the swamp has filed for bankruptcy.

They've announced about 40 store closings, are about to close 40 more stores, and will auction off the rest of their pharmacy business, but otherwise are trying to keep going.

Looks like I got off that sinking ship just in time.

ETA: my old store is one that is closing.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 01-16-2019, 05:24 PM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Congratulations on dodging that bullet.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Key is ejecting BEFORE the plane crash. Nice.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Just like Michael Scott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZeff2y32M
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          Key is ejecting BEFORE the plane crash. Nice.
          Like this guy?

So, can you name the swamp now?

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
            Like this guy?

So, can you name the swamp now?
            Sh(p)o(o)pko
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              Congratulations on dodging that bullet.
              I second this!
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

All 13 stores in my area are shutting down. They started the closing sale on Jan 1st. The one closest to me opened almost 30 years ago, and in all that time the parking lot was no more than 25% full. I have no idea why they kept it open this long. There is no way it was making enough to pay the bills.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Sh(p)o(o)pko
                  And as expected, I haven't encountered them (because I'm on the other side of the continent ).

But I expect I'll be hearing more about them in the next few weeks.

Comment

The local paper's website linked to a list on the Swamp's website listing 105 stores closing in the next few months. Apparently the Swamp nearest me is staying open. I've only been in it once.
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

My dauger worked there 16-18 years ago. She heard they were closing 13 stores here in Utah. On their website's store locator they were listing a store in Sugarhouse that was *demolished* nearly two years ago...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Now that it's closing, what store was the Swamp? lol

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
                          Now that it's closing, what store was the Swamp? lol
                          Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Sh(p)o(o)pko
                          I'm surprised that both of my local ones are staying open. I would have thought the one on the east side of town would close, but it isn't.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I've been trying to guess for years. I had never heard of this place...huh.

Oh well, not an issue now.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I went there today to get my optical records released. They had me fill out a form and they will be mailed to me.

The optical people tried to convince me that the optical department will just move to a different building and continue operations, as that is what the company is saying will happen. Yeah no. They don't have money to pay creditors, but they have money to buy or lease a different storefront and renovate it? Sounds like disinformation so the optical people don't just walk out before the final day.

When that was done I took a look around at the liquidation sales. There were absolutely no deals to be found. Very few people browsing. That was probably the final time I'll ever set foot in there.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X