X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Argabarga! Hooked a Prius lately?

https://old.reddit.com/r/pettyreveng...l_tow_it_then/

I love how everyone was laughing about it. Just goes to show that only the ones getting towed have a problem with illegally parked cars getting dragged off.

Comment

A friend of mine remarked recently on how some people in his condo complex don't seem to be bothered by being towed. Most units have two garage spots, and there are outdoor guest spaces--but only a few. Some residents insist on parking in those, and eventually someone gets annoyed enough to call a tow on them. Several of the offenders have been towed at least a half-dozen times that he has noticed, and in one case he saw a car getting towed at 11 AM, only to be back IN THE SAME SPOT at 4 PM.

Apparently some people absolutely refuse to learn. Either that, or dropping $150 on a tow fee and wasting three or four hours out of their day are both meaningless to them...
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
        A friend of mine remarked recently on how some people in his condo complex don't seem to be bothered by being towed. ...

Apparently some people absolutely refuse to learn. Either that, or dropping $150 on a tow fee and wasting three or four hours out of their day are both meaningless to them...
        When I see a situation like that, I start asking questions:
        1. Just how expensive is parking locally? If it's too expensive, it can compete with the fines.
        2. Just how scarce is parking? If people simply can't find parking, they won't necessairly just cancel their night on the town and go home.
        3. What are their odds? If they don't consistently get caught and towed, the fines can get pro-rated down to just another expense.

Comment

Working...
        X