This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How NOT to teach your son to line jump

Went to see the new Avengers movie today (awesome flick btw). While I'm standing in line to buy my ticket, I see a little boy, no more than four, standing under the counter up front of the line. He's not misbehaving or bothering anyone.

From behind me I hear a man call out, "Boy! Get back here! Now!"

The boy obediently goes back to his dad, no lip, just trots on back there.

Dad immediately starts smacking the kid on the head, "You do not jump the line! You will stay here with me!"

Kid didn't cry, just cowered. I could hear the blows, but don't know how hard they really were.

Grr. I didn't know what to do. But this kid really wasn't trouble. A simple "stay by me" would have sufficed. Kid just whined "I just wanted to be in the shade."

It was bright, sunny, and almost 80 so I don't blame him.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

I saw the Avengers too! Totally awesome flick! I heard a baby crying in the theater at the beginning. Really? What makes you think very young child with sensitive ears would want to be in an IMAX theater? Back to your original post...I agree smacking your kid really isn't a form of communication. Sure if they dart into the road and you nab them a smack to the bum might be warranted. Mind you, not a hard smack just enough to get the message across. All he had to do was explain that it is not polite to line jump. Sad that he cowered like he was used to that treatment.

Comment

I would have called the police, I think.

Comment

Working...
      X