This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blaaaaaaaaaaaargh...

So... About two months ago now I was fired from my graphic design job. I wasn't terribly upset. Taken aback yes, but not upset. The douchebag I was working for - waited until the end of my shift to pull me in the back and tell me he was going to close up tonight and he'd take my keys and shirt and that there was no longer a need for me at the store.

No longer a need? The store was going in a different direction, he said. Right... A business services store that makes money off customers coming in and getting business cards and flyers designed and printed. And I'd created business by bringing my photo restoration as well as web design and even creating marketing campaigns for head office.

They no longer needed a graphic designer? Somehow I severely doubt that.

I'd worked for him for two years... Two years too long mind you... but long enough to figure out a few things, he shoulda given me two weeks pay, as my regular pay and my vacay pay AND MY FUCKING ROE. But considering I was working half under the table... I don't want to risk making waves...

On a strangely fucked note, I was unemployed for about a month and just recently got myself a new job...

Where you're not going to believe...

The same Portrait Studio company I was working for previously. LOL. Different city - same shit different day. Only big hurdle I have to sorta work around is that a good 40-60% of my clientele speak little to no english. During my retraining shifts I had a portrait customer who - as I was trying to sell her photos - started speaking to me in spanish... After she'd been speaking to me in spanish for most of the session. I guess she's okay with general conversational, but getting to the nitty gritty of trying to explain to her how the portrait packages work and how much sheets are and what sizes are... Her brain caved in.. LOL So we had to get another employee from the host store to come in and translate for me. LOL Cripes.

There's a few other things I gotta get used to... Like the fact that my 'home studio' is one of the lowest sales in the district... And I've discovered that they've stuck me there to bring up their average - except their manager does little to nothing to help boost it and is basically who I was 4 years ago when I quit. She's given up...

And I have an hr's commute MINIMUM every day now because I live in the east end of town and work's in the west end. Le sigh...

At least it's a pay cheque... but if I have one more fucking passport customer ask me. "But why are the photos so expensive?" I'm gonna punch em in the head. "I dunno m'am... Ask the passport photo fairy..."
Working...
X