This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do in this situation?

So I just have a general question about what everyone does when they get in this situation.. as I'm sure it's not that uncommon. Lately I have noticed ALOT of customers making threatening jokes - where they threaten our lives but in an obviously joking manner. For example:

Me: Oh I'm sorry we are out of hot mustard sauce right now.
    CW (coworker): No we aren't there is some over there.
    Me: Oh good! Never mind! Sorry!
    SC: Good, your lives are spared for today.

What do you guys do in this situation? Do you laugh it off? Do you take it seriously and band them? Call the police? How do you handle it really?

I'm getting REALLY sick of these "jokes". It's sauce people GET A GRIP!

I, personally, have been known to shrug and say "Meh...I had a good run".
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I guess it would depend on the person. What's their general attitude and body language like? If they give me a creepy vibe, I'd be more worried about it.

Some people just have a really stupid sense of humor. I'm not sure if you could do anything about that kind of remark. If they're ranting and yelling, though, definitely call the cops and ban the customer.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I pretty much agree. I would make that sort of joke (usually about caffine) with a wink and a nudge to make sure they knew I was joking. But body language might change things.

I will warn that I get often get taken seriously about things I'm only kidding about. Apparently I can lie pretty well, by accident.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Try, well one of our lives is spared, whose is an open issue.

Comment

Working...
          X