Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, after I had my first experiences which I already posted about here http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=81091, my fellow guards told me what they had seen and told me(I haven't been able to confirm this yet) that someone had been killed in the warehouse. I'm fairly certain LP would NOT let me walk the building to cleanse it as when I told them about the things that'd happen I was told it was the ice machine. Ice machines walk and talk, who knew? When I told them about the chair they refused to answer, went into the office and closed
    Last edited by Bramble; 12-21-2011, 01:45 AM.
    My Wajas cave

Comment

When I have a little more time, I will share my ghost stories from my time at college, at grad school in NYC, and from an experience from my youth that still creeps me out to this day.
      Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post

Feel free to email me personally if you want to chat about the subject.
        Heckfire - go ahead and make a thread. I am sure that I am not the only person that would be interested!
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

First thing, do not EVER tell it that you're afraid of it, or that anyone else is afraid of it. Try to ignore it as much as possible. I've dealt with ghosts before, and the worst thing you can do is tell it that it scares you. Some ghosts can absorb energy from around them, its why they last so long. They can use that energy to continue to exist. The more fear you have, the more energy you give off and the more it can absorb. Telling it that you're scared is an invitation to frighten you more.

Second thing, try recording sound of some of the activity. Most cell phones can do it, and take pictures. These are passive forms of investigation and may teach you something about who it is. Sometimes spirits talk and the talking may present solutions.

Third thing, do you have anything antique that you've been given recently? Or even something from a dead family member or friend? Anything that a spirit could inhabit like something from a used clothing store? Yes, it may be the land or building that's haunted, but given that it's following you around, I doubt it. It's probably an item. It could just be you (sometimes ghosts attach themselves to people).

Fourth thing, I recommend against trying anything religious except as a last resort. It can have an effect, but it can be a very very bad effect that causes a severe escalation to the problem rather than a fix. Religious doctrine of any sort tend to tick the ghosts off.

Fifth, it does sound like it's a ghost, not a spirit. Yes, they are different things. Spirits were never alive with flesh and bone. Ghosts used to be alive. They react to different things in different ways. And from what you're describing, its a ghost that for some reason has attached itself to you.

Sixth, it may scare you, but you need to try to be polite, at least at first. Don't start ordering it around like it's a slave because that may tick it off and make things worse.

Seventh, if you don't get anything from the earlier recording, I suggest that you start asking it questions. You probably won't hear an answer in real life but if you record it, you may hear it there. Ask it who it is and why it's there.

I also suggest you try http://www.paranormalsoup.com. It's a ghost site and I've been a member for years. They may have further suggestions that could help you that I haven't thought of.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
            I think that's what's known as an "attachment". Learned that from watching alot of episodes of "A Haunting" on Discovery channel.
            Poltergeists especially are attached to people rather than places. Poltergeists are manifestations of psychic turbulence within a person, so moving to a new location does not get rid of them.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Bramble, this may sound like a silly question, but how old are you? I only ask because poltergeists tend to latch on to young adults and teenagers. I'm not sure why that is.

I've always been curious if that means it isn't really a ghost, just an effect of the teenager growing up because their body's are changing so much.

Most children still believe in magic. I'm going somewhere with this, I promise. That means they are still attuned to what the rest of us can't see. Most of us learn, through our teenage years, what to consider fiction and what to consider real. Eventually we begin to deny what we see, feel and experience. Even adults who believe in spirits have a harder time perceiving them.

I've often been curious if we all have some latent telekinetic ability that shows itself in some people when they are 12-19 years old but goes away when we become physically adults.

Comment

Moirae, there's a theory that the pineal gland has something to do with psychic ability; I haven't done much research on it myself though.
                Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                I'd be scared to go anywhere near your work if I were you...and is it possible for an apparition to follow someone home?
                AFAIK, only if they've already taken a liking to that person; the majority of workplace hauntings I know of seem to be residuals (stuck there).
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  Bramble, this may sound like a silly question, but how old are you? I only ask because poltergeists tend to latch on to young adults and teenagers. I'm not sure why that is.
                  It says in my profile I'm 23.
                  My Wajas cave

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
                    It says in my profile I'm 23.
                    Hah, missed that.

Hmm, you should be beyond that time then. Doesn't mean it isn't a poltergeist, but I'm not sure what it is. Could be just a ghost. But that means it has to come from somewhere.

Comment

One possible known causation is infrasound, which can cause feelings of unease, sadness, anxiety, etc., as well as apparitions of shadow people. At the proper resonance, it can move objects as well. In a warehouse setting, there are probably numerous sources for infrasound. Testing for it is a b*tch, though.

Quoth Moirae View Post
                      Doesn't mean it isn't a poltergeist, but I'm not sure what it is. Could be just a ghost. But that means it has to come from somewhere.
                      The poltergeist doesn't necessarily have to originate with the OP, either. It could come from someone else working in the building.

There's also the possibility of a non-interactive residual haunting. Think stone-tape theory. There's not an interactive consciousness that you might find with an actual ghost, but rather just a "place memory" that has become imprinted on an object/environment over time. Noises, lights, images, cold spots, and odors are all phenomena that can potentially be associated with residual hauntings.

Or, it could be a ghost.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Heh my ghostly friend is as big a klutz as I am apparently. Ok this was on the 24th and as it's the day before x-mas there's just me and D there. I'm sitting up at the front desk reading my little book, when from the breakroom I hear this. *sound of someone smashing their shins on a plastic chair* "DAMN IT!!!" *thump as I imagine the chair being kicked across the room* Of course I go down there and nobody is in the building.

About 2030 and watching my camera bank when I see something flicker at the edge of my vision through my lovely bulletresistant glass-like panel. I look up nothing is there, however I look at the camera that is outside and pints inside and for like 2 seconds I can see something standing outside the panel looking at the camera before poofing. I went into the bathroom later and as I'm taking care of business I hear something thump in the shower room down at the end of the room. It kept up until I popped my head out of the stall and said "Hey, trying to take a poo here, do ya mind?" It stopped until I got back to my desk. Nice of them wasn't it?
                        Last edited by Bramble; 12-25-2011, 05:40 PM.
                        My Wajas cave

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
                          *sound of someone smashing their shins on a plastic chair* "DAMN IT!!!" *thump as I imagine the chair being kicked across the room*
                          Your ghost sounds highly entertaining. Can't say I've ever had that happen.
                          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                          X