This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Spread A Rumor About Me

After my overnight shift I did some shopping at my mall. At one of the smaller shops after making my purchase, one of the Employees that I talk to regularly told me that there's been a rumor going around about me that was told to him by another Employee. He would not tell me if it was an Employee of one of our stores, or an Employee of the mall (like cleaning or maintenance staff). He said he didn't want to be involved, but that he knew the type of person I am and he thought it was fair for me to know. At first I thought it was something amusing, but now I could see how serious he was and I was worried.

Well, apparently someone's been spreading around that I've been sleeping with one of the other male Officers on-shift OUT IN THE SECURITY VEHICLE! First, we're spread so thin that it's only one of us outside and the rest inside. Second, the vehicle is so full of equipment only the driver's seat is free. Thirdly, it's common knowledge that I've been with my boyfriend for over 6-years because I'm ALWAYS talking about him! I never heard anything like this about me before, even though I half expected it being 1 of only 2 women on staff - now the only one because coworker had a baby.

But the SHIT other people pull, the dedication I've given this place, the ethics I've shown and people STILL believe I'd do something like this. Assholes.

I called my boss right away, who said she hadn't heard anything about this, but would never in a million years believe it if she had, and that she was coming right in to get to the bottom of it. If it turned out to be a rumor spawned from an innocent comment (the cleaning manager is always joking that one of my coworkers and I argue so much we may as well get married; I don't know how someone gets 'we're having sex on the job' from that), she would ask that people not spread it. If she finds someone spreading that specifically, well, she said there would be consequences. I'm glad she's on my side, but I still feel like crap and don't know how I can look anyone in the eye knowing what they think of me
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

You can look them in the eye because you know the truth. Truth is they're gossips. I don't take kindly to gossip, and my store is full of it. ugh.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Okay,
      Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
      Is that a good enough rumor?
      Oh, you meant....Bah, forget them, they're looking to start drama.
      Keep your head up, they're the ones who have nothing better to do

Comment

Great minds discuss ideas;
        average minds discuss events;
        small minds discuss people.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Garter

Remember, shame on those who think evil, especially on those who spread lies.

Someone at work was spreading rumors about an employee. Now, she did sleep around quite a bit, but the rumors were so extreme that they had her sleeping with an attorney who is gay (though not open about it). Really? The rumor spreader ended up looking the fool.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

We get crap like that happening where I work. Some people just don't have enough to do.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X