Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized that I haven't heard "¿Dónde Está Santa Claus?" very much.

And one of my favorites is "Santa Clause and His Old Lady" by Cheech & Chong. "On, Donner! On, Blitzen! On, Chuy! On, Tavo! C'mon, Beto!"

Quoth Shmuggly View Post
    MS: Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
    I have to say that I do like Hall & Oates version.

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
    During Victorian times it was traditional to sit around the fire and tell scary stories on Christmas Eve.
    Like "A Christmas Carol"!

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
    The Christmas song I hate most is The Christmas Shoes.
    The single-most depressing "Christmas" song....ever.

Quoth Carina16 View Post
    And Jingle Bombs, by Achmed the Terrorist. Anyone that has not heard Jingle Bombs, should take the time to Youtube it.
    That's Achmed, the Dead Terrorist.

Quoth Lady_Pigeon View Post
    You guys want edgy? Try The Chimney Song. Best Xmas song ever. *EG*
    Quoth cinema guy View Post
    My girlfriend introduced me to Walkin Round in Women's Under Wear.

No, not like that. You pervs!
    Aw, man, you beat me to it!

Quoth LadyKelli666 View Post
    Here's one that's been driving me absolutely MAD at my seasonal job but I don't know the name of it or who sings it, other than it's by a very shrill, awful singer:

"last christmas I gave you my heart the very next day, you gave it away... so this christmas....blah blah"

repeat that X 10. Sometimes, I daydream I find this singer (and whoever wrote the song) and...well...beat the song out of them.
    That has to be the "Glee" version you're hearing. George Michael has never been shrill.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    When I first heard who sang Santa Baby, a part of me threw up. I only know her as Izma and Madame Zeroni, neither of who are particularly attractive. I did not want to picture Izma seducing Santa.
    Quoth firecat88 View Post
    IMO, Eartha Kitt does that song better than anyone else (and hers is really the only version of that song that I actually like).
    Once again, you can't improve on the original. She's also my favorite Cat Woman.

Quoth Treasure View Post
    but I LOVE (and mom finally found the album) Lorena McKennit's version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" it has an old world feel to it (who'd ever think of belly-dancing to a christmas carol?) and all the rest of the songs on that same album are just a wonderful.

This is why i prefer to stick to my instrumental celtic christmas music!!
    You'd probably like Enya's "And Winter Came". And I love Blackmore's Night "Winter Carols", too.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

A pleasant change from the usual selection of Christmas carols is Christmas Eve in Washington by Maura Sullivan.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        She also played Catwoman on the TV series Batman (after Lee Meriweather and Julie Newmar).
        I picked up Arkham City yesterday and this post now has me picturing Izma in Catwoman's tight suit. So much for enjoying the game.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          That has to be the "Glee" version you're hearing. George Michael has never been shrill.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbZWnRvKGg8

You be the judge.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

As far as Christmas stuff that's not too sappy, try watching "Hogfather."

It's epic, and Christmas-y...and while it has its sad points, it's rather funny.

Like when Death being Hogfather, he gives a city guard a high-end crossbow.

Or the part where the store owner wants him arrested for GIVING THINGS AWAY ZOMG...
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
            X