Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a **** refund on these cigs now!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a **** refund on these cigs now!!!

We had this shithole customer come in today demanding a refund on ciggarettes. Now we have a STRICT policy that states we CANNOT FOR ANY REASON refund cigarettes. Exchange yes... refund no. Here is what happened. SC: sucky customer
    CW: co worker.[/B]
    SC: I want a refund on these smokes. I don't like that brand. *note* the pack was opened and some ciggs were already used.
    CW: Sorry we cannot refund the ciggarettes...however we can get you an exchange if you want a different brand.
    SC: Did I say anything about an exchange? Did I not say refund?
    CW: Sir our policy states that we cannot give refunds on ciggarettes. I can lose my job if I do so and obviously I'm not going to do that so would you like an exchange?
    SC: YOUR'RE NOT GONNA WHAT? *closes eyes in attempt to calm himself* Ok..how about the exchange...I give you these smokes and you give me the money I paid for them?
    CW: Sir, I have told you. We cannot accept returns on ciggarettes..it is our policy.
    SC: FUCK THE POLICY AND FUCK YOU YOU BASTARD!! I WANT TO TALK TO THE MANAGER!!
    CW: Sir, as far as I'm concerned we are done here. But I will call the manager for you. *calls manager*

Manager comes up and tries to find out what was going on. He hears both stories. (well one actually; he had to ask the customer to repeat what he said because the guy was sounding like he was talking in Hutt'tese (Jabba the hutts language) and Chewbacca's language) with the way he was rambling on.
    In short the guy left WITHOUT his exchanged ciggarettes. CW asked about having a ban put on him but unless the man was threatening violence upon his person and others then we could not ban him from shopping there.[/B]
    Last edited by Dave1982; 11-19-2010, 06:08 PM. Reason: fixed formatting tags
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

At least they ban people at your place. Threatening violence against a pregnant coworker didn't get one guy kicked out. Hell, the manger was closer to giving him a blow job to keep him as a customer than throwing him out for endangering the life of a minor.

Comment

From what I understand about cigarette sales, if you're in the US, you legally cannot give a refund on cigarettes due to something in the way the laws are written about their distribution.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've said it to people before: "[company] follows the law." I leave it at that, or keep repeating the sentence. I will not argue the law with people. I will repeat ad nauseum, however, that I have to follow it. If I ever get through law school I will be happy to argue it allllll day.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

this is what happens when cigs are $8 a pack. people want protection on their investment lol

at my store i will exchange unopened packs at my discretion. however they have to have the state tax seal on it. people will buy out of state and scrape the seal off then attempt to refund here since cigs are more expensive.
          once the pack is opened you're SoL. vendor won't credit it. customers won't buy it. i don't want it.

Comment

I won't even bother trying to argue with people over clear cut issues like that. I am not allowed to give a refund for cigarettes. Customer paid for it, it's now the customer's problem.

Don't like the applicable law or policy? Tough shit, I don't like a lot of laws or policies I have to deal with, but that doesn't make them any less enforceable. The argument is over before it ever began. If the customer tries to continue, I get the manager if the manager is available. Otherwise, I give the customer a choice to leave before I call the police and have the customer removed.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
              SC: Did I say anything about an exchange? Did I not say refund?
              "Did I not say 'we cannot refund cigarettes' ?"
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                Chewbacca's language) with the way he was rambling on.
                Shyriiwook. And yes I knew that off the top of my head; just had to look up the spelling. Is that weird?
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I'm constantly amazed at how many people try to insist on doing something that is illegal. Absolutely amazed. I shouldn't be, by now, I know. I just can't wrap my mind around it.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I'm constantly amazed at how many people try to insist on doing something that is illegal. Absolutely amazed. I shouldn't be, by now, I know. I just can't wrap my mind around it.
                    It's easy to understand. The SC isn't the one that would be breaking the law.
                    They are trying to get the employee to break it FOR them. No downside for the SC.
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Sadly, there is always a chance that some people will cave under pressure, and sucktomers have learned that they can bully and push others around because it often works in their favor.
                      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Whenever it's an issue of law, I've always told the SC that if they don't like it, to talk to their rep/senator/councilman/etc about it.
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          From what I understand about cigarette sales, if you're in the US, you legally cannot give a refund on cigarettes due to something in the way the laws are written about their distribution.

^-.-^
                          Correct. Taxes too. People buy a 3 dollar pack, or go from reservations and go to convience store using an old reciept. I've dealt with customers attempting to do that, but our entire company had a nice strict policy that I enver saw a single manager cave on, nor did I ever get written up for following it like I had for other policies.

No refends. No exchanges. It's your fault if you have no idea what you want.

That being said, once he started going jabba, I'd be like

Military Spouse Support.
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                          X